• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use legendary Pokemon during your main adventure?

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    For the most part, I only use legendaries for a brief amount of time, then box them, such as Yveltal in Y, who was just WAY too cool not to use against Lysandre.

However, for Black, I didn't really keep a full team anyway, and I was running with Samurott, Whimsicott, Swoobat, Conkeldurr, and Krookodile. I used to swap out that 6th mon because i just couldn't see anyone else fitting in. However, even for the brief amount of time he was there, I still do consider Reshiram the official 6th member of my Black run. It was only fair, really, since N had Zekrom and Ghetsis had that frickin' Hydreigon from Hax-ville.

For Omega Ruby, I kept Latios with me because, while he is legendary, he and Latias aren't quite as strong as the others, and plus I consider them about as legendary as Lucario, which, in the Pokemon world, is sort of 50/50.

I did have a Zapdos in my Crystal traded from Red a long time ago, but that was my noobish days and I don't count them.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I like to think of my teams realistically, so aside from when the game forces you to use them, no. If Pokémon were real, I feel that only rich and powerful people would own Legendaries. I'm just an ordinary person.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Usually, nope. They are forever trapped in my PC. However, I sometimes use them and train them for fun in the post-game.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    While I've previously stated that I'm pretty much against using uber-class Legendaries on my playthroughs of most pokemon games, and i would prefer to have some of the mid-tier legendaries instead as part of the team, the only time I do have uber class Legendaries on my team are playing some fan-made content that often stretch the bar from moderately challenging to ridiculous levels that go beyond reason which pretty much forces me to play dirty as well, which is the only time I consider playing dirty myself.

Of course, seeing that most fan made games are deliberately made more difficult to go through than any of the actual games, i think that's where i consider crossing the line. After all, many of these fan-made games cross the lines between logical to downright crazy at times.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I do, but just one (and not always). As a kid I used Zapdos on Red/Blue and Lugia on Gold/Silver. Sometimes I use Articuno in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The last time I used a Legendary on my team was Suicune on my Crystal. Since then I haven't used a legendary at all except for maybe once when I use Reshiram against Ghestis. Usually by that point of the game I already have an established team so I just have no intentions on using any of the legendaries.

Though I will admit that before I learned how to team build I would just use my starter and then when I reached the elite four I would use whatever Pokemon I had that were of highest level. So at that point I would use a legendary or two depending. Not anymore though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    I try to avoid it, or at least the obnoxiously overpowered ones. I feel it cheapens a game that's already easy enough as is. I did decide to use the free Latias Alpha Sapphire threw at me, because it came at a convenient time (needed to replace a useless 6th member of my team+wanted a psychic type) but it's not something I do with each playthrough.

Years
    I still remember the first time I played Pokemon (FR/LG). My team was composed of an overleveled Charizard, the three Legendary Birds, a (and this is no joke, and don't judge me on this) Pidgey I caught in a Master Ball (just to see if it really works), and a Scyther I got from Celadon's Coin Exchange (because I spent too much time on the Coin Slots than the Safari Zone). But now (Gen 6), I realized the noobness I was and I'm kinda more strategic now. I still keep them though.

Back