• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use online terms IRL

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    You know, brb, lol, etc.

I shocked myself yesterday by saying lolwut out loud. It just slipped out of my mouth. Luckily my friends heard it as "Uh what?" so my dignity was saved.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    You know, brb, lol, etc.

I shocked myself yesterday by saying lolwut out loud. It just slipped out of my mouth. Luckily my friends heard it as "Uh what?" so my dignity was saved.
    Lol, no never, I remember my cousin said that out loud when I was visiting him, and his sister (same ages as I) went ballistic that her brother was such a nerd *No offense*.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My brother and I noobspeak at each other all the time IRL. It bugs our parents so much. Aside from that, I don't think so. I know I've slipped out a "lol" or a "rofl" (rhymes with waffle!) before, but aside from that I can't think of anything.

I was REALLY weirded out to be reading a Christmas letter we got from neighbours we had 10 years ago and there were about 6 instances of "lol" in it. I only vaguely remember these neighbours but the woman never struck me as the type to write a letter so informally. o_O

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't I've ever said any online lingo verbally. I have, a few times, written out such things though. Like....on paper with pen. I guess that counts? Since there isn't a computer involved.

Years
    I tend to do it with a couple of friends I have at college, they absolutely thrive on online terminology, mainly just "lol" "wtf" "omg" "rofl". It's nothing I'd usually do on my own, but with them it's actually kinda fun.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Haha, very rarely will online lingo slip out offline for me. Sometimes I say lol and it's pretty lame. XD

Years
    Only when taking the mick out of people who do. A favourite is saying "oh emm gee" to someone with faked enthusiasm when they tell me about something I'm not particularly interested in, and then completely ignore them.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Almost everybody I know says lol and rofl (and sometimes others) on a daily basis. It's nothing to be ashamed of if you do say it; the internet has such an influence on modern society that they're becoming actual words in their own right.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've been known to let a few "rofls" or "lololols" slip out. Idk, I guess I've spent so much time on the internet that it just happens naturally =P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    One of my friends would say "Haha lol XD" when he finds something funny, and then we all look at him as if he were crazy XD

Apart from that, never.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    On occasion, I've said "oh-em-gee" and "el-oh-el" in real life, but always in jest with friends who know what it means. It would be weird otherwise, and I think it's a little funny because I probably joke with them more often in reality than I do online. And I never use the words seriously or in average conversation, because it's not really my thing. |D

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Slip Out?
    I say lol alot, but I just say lol no L-O-L separately.
    I say lolwut? sometimes.
    I say Pwned alot.
    And Hax.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Lately my little sister has been spelling out l-o-l and o-m-g a lot and it's getting annoying. Spelling out "lol" makes absolutely no sense because while you're spelling it, you're obviously not laughing out loud.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I've said Oh Em Gee in the past, but never El Oh El, I have however pronounced out Lawl. Also when I am talking about a website like "Have you see LolCats lately?" Or something like that.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I've never "slipped" the words.
    If I ever do say them in real life, I do it on purpose.
    One I used to use commonly actually: Pwned.
    Otherwise, I've said "wtf" or "omg" just for laughs.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    My friend used to say el oh el and oh em gee, which I find odd because as far as I know she doesn't chat online. But as for me, not really. However I have written a few things like xP o.O =) =/ >=) =P offline.

Back