• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Rare Candies?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I don't care about EVs, so I usually use them on a Pokemon that's far behind the other members of my team (usually if they're a new member of the crew) or if that Pokemon is hard to level up.

Ayselipera

Yeah, I usually save them all til the end so I can raise my Pokemon several levels in one sitting.

Thats my stradegy also. I just feel so acomplished when I level them up so easily. :)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I use them after I've EV'd the pokemon properly. Then I just spam the Rare Candies to level them up ^^,

Years
  • No, I don't use them much. I use the Exp. Share a lot. I don't throw them away though, they pile up in my bag and when I'm bored I'll use one.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • I hold on to them until I get to just before the Elite Four and use them to give my pokemon a boost. I'm not much into EV training or IV checking, so I just keep them for when gaining levels gets to be more difficult.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I only use the ones I find in the game when I need to. I do use the Exp. Share, though. It's no different to switching a Pokémon in and out to get experience, only less of a pain.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I use Rare Candies when I'm lazy. I use the EXP-Share if I get a new team member and can't be bothered to level it up.

Last edited:

Trainer Magnus

Soulweaver
    Years
  • I don't use rare candys very much.. i don't like wasting them, but of course i will use them sometime.

Last edited:

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
  • Well i only use them on desperate times, Like when my pokemons are in very low level and if i happen to have a rare candy, I use it. And besides that i don't use rare candys.

Aladdin

No. I sell them. Good money, bad stuff. Destroys your pokémon. I experimented on two Dratinis once, and the one I leveled up with Rare Candy became a lot weaker. It's true.

Back