• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Standard or ClearType text?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you don't know how to find out which one you're using, right click on properties on your desktop then click the appearance tab and click effects. I use Standard. :D ClearType is stange. :x

Years
    I cannot stand text that isn't ClearType, mostly because I've just became too accustomed to it over the years. Though I can remember it being the other way round in the past since Standard was the default setting for this computer. But I find that ClearType a lot more easier on the eyes and makes every single letter clear and crisp, unlike Standard that tends to blob a lot of letters (especially when italicised.)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Vista it's Right click desktop > Personalise > Window Colour and Appearance > Effects
    kinda the same but thought I should say anyway

Anyway, mine's Clear Type. I remember when I accidentally changed it to Standard and it was really hard to read but I've just done it to this computer and it seems weirdly bold but I can read it. I don't like it at all so I'm keeping it as Clear Type.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015

Not sure if this is what you are getting at…

Years
    Not sure if this is what you are getting at…
    ClearType is a Windows thing but the option you showed is essentially the Mac equivalent.

As for me, I use ClearType. I ended up discovering it by mistake a long time ago and then realized how much better everything looked with it on so I left it.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I use ClearType because standard looks really weird and pixellated to me. XD;

I never realised there was another option 'til I had to reboot my computer and it automatically was set to standard.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm currently using Standard, only because it's the default for my computer.
    Not sure whether I'm going to change it, but I might be able to adapt to ClearType if I try it long enough.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I had no idea what I was using, until I messed around a little. It appears ClearType is set as the default on Windows 7, so that is what I'm using.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I had a look at both, I'm currently using Cleartype because it's the default setting. And to be quite honest, I could see no difference between the two on this laptop.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I just took ClearType off for the first time in almost 6 months and I hate Standard now. XD; I'm just so used to ClearType, ugh. But it makes it look much smoother and nicer, so no complaints. :3

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    If you don't know how to find out which one you're using, right click on properties on your desktop then click the appearance tab and click effects. I use Standard. :D ClearType is stange. :x

I changed it to ClearType to see what it was like just then and it killed my wallpaper. >=\

I use Standard anyway.

Back