• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use stat boosting items?

Do you use stat boosting items?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Nope, I toss or sell mine. I mean, I have seen videos of people beating Red with a Pidgey thanks to X Attacks and such, but it's still not enough of an incentive for me to waste turns using them. XD

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Very rarely. I sometimes use them at the start of gym rematches.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't bother using X items because they're a waste of time for me, though I have nothing against set up moves.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I do use them in certain situations, like when I'm training an EV Trained Pokemon to Lv.100 I want to make sure it won't faint in the elite four, also to make walls hit harder I use X Attack/Special.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I use them if I end up battling someone and they happen to be around 5 or more levels ahead of me and they actually are pretty helpful. Sometimes I even use them against someone whose the same levels as mine, just to get an extra edge.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I once only beat the champion of LG due to using an X Attack, so I do see how they can be beneficial. I mean, you only have four attack spots, but X items are kinda like having additional stat boosting moves at your disposal. So I use them every now and then. Pretty much mainly when training lower leveled pokemon, or if I find myself under-leveled.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Yea, I use them - when you're a lower level, or have a big disadvantage, it's a huge help. Instead of raging because the npc used sand attack 10 times in a row, I just throw on an X Accuracy :p that and dire hit are the most helpful, in my opinion.

They're also great when using an offense/defense weak pokemon that isn't overleveled somewhere like the Elite 4. In most normal battles though I don't bother, since you don't need 'em.

TY

I prefer HP up, Iron etc.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The only times I used the X-Items was during my third gym battle on SoulSilver. If I recall, I used 5 X-Attacks, 5 X-Speeds, and 5 X-Defends on my Croconaw.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    I never used them all the time. Now, and then, I'll use that one like Mist to prevent stat loss, I don't remember the name of it right now, but thats it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I usually don't, since my in-game teams are set up so that I need to hit things quickly with powerful attacks. Can't be wasting turns when I could get taken out pretty easily by two or three attacks.

Probably I'm just really paranoid though since my 'mon are always really overleveled anyway. xD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Nope, as in-game battles aren't lenghty enough to warrant the use of them. It would be faster to just kill the enemy Pokemon rather than use a stat booster first then go on the attack, at least for me with my intense level-grinding. One exception is X Accuracy against some of those Gym Leaders and Elite Four members who like to spam Double Team, but other than that, and of those items I found get sold at the Pokemon Mart in the very next town.

Back