• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use stat boosting items?

Do you use stat boosting items?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Usually at the start of the game. Just to get a slight edge because I'm usually so under-levelled! ): But after that I get bored and just sell them. If I have the odd one left at like the Pokemon league, I'll use it lol.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    lol Stat boost items have actually saved me a couple times. During some important battles and league battles they helped prevent me from dying or allowed me to boost my attack just enough to OHKO their pokemon when my pokemon were in trouble.
    They're not helpful often, but when you need them their awesome to have on hand. Think of it this way: Using one X-Attack is like using a Sword Dance. Either way your spending a turn to raise your attack stat.

Joe Chan

Chef
    Years
    I prefer moves that affect stats rather than X items.
    Metal Claw over X Attack for example.

Though when I need to live a bit longer for when the opponent is spamming a fighting type move against my ghost pokemon.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    nope, i don't remember ever using them.
    i kind of hate the fact that using them (or using any item, in general) takes up one whole turn. and besides, i rarely feel the need to use stat boosting items since they're good for a one-time use only, and can be used only in battle.

Years
    I think only once or twice have I ever used X Speed, and that was just because I had a stronger, but slower Pokemon. Other than that, any time I go to the Mart, I just sell what ever ones I have.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I prefer setup moves. They're free, and they can set up more than 1 stat at once, or 2 levels of a stat. However, I use stat boosting items if I'm soloing with a crappy pokemon that doesn't know any good attacking moves or setup moves.

Back