• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you use walkthroughs in your D/P/PT?

reyzn

Years
  • I've only used them for things like getting through Mt. Coronet.. I hate not knowing where to go in caves or things like it.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • For Diamond, I didn't. I had watched a Platinum walkthrough before though, so I kinda knew what to do.

For Platinum, I had to watch it again, because I forgot how to do the Distortion World. xD

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I have the D/P Strategy Guide and Pokedex Guide, and they've helped me a lot. I gave the Strategy Guide to my friend for her Diamond game after I beat Platinum, but I look stuff up in the Pokedex Guide pretty much every day. When I need info that isn't in the guide I look it up on Serebii. Although I did all the older Pokemon games without a guide, there's no way I'd want to play without it now.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    No way, takes away the challenge and the reward of actually finding what to do on your own. I never use a walkthrough on anything these days.

Viral Panda

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Personally, didn't use a walkthrough for Platinum (Didn't play Diamond/Pearl). In fact, I've never used a walkthrough for any of the Pokemon games.

Although, sometimes after I'd been on a certain route or in a cave for quite a while I checked Bulbapedia incase there were any Pokemon which appeared there that I'd want to pick up. I wouldn't really count that as a walkthrough though.

Years
  • I don't remember if I used walkthroughs for my Diamond, but I didn't for Platinum. For some reason I seemed to know what to do all the time :D

Years
  • Geez that is a lot of shinys you got there but anyways back on topic i only use walk throus for the pokedex in the back :3

Ha, thanks. I sure love that Pokeradar <3

Oh, and for the walkthroughs, I never buy the "book" versions that Nintendo sells. I always use Serebii's or Psypoke's online walkthroughs. I find them so much more insightful.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I use the printed guides for maps and GameFAQS guides for everything else. I like having an exhaustive list of trainers, so I know which of my Pokemon to put at the front to pwn them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    if you says for beating the elite four, no.
    i just checked walkthrough to see if i miss something or(and) want to catch something :D

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I didn't ....

Only on my 2nd Playthrough on Pt. ! ;) I wanted to build an OK team to pass through the game and skip the COronet Annoyance ...

Ahh , my loving laptop ! :) Good times with him ... I just love that I have any FAQ on-the-go with that thing ! :D

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • I use Walktrhough out of any pokemon games until the elite 4 , simply to know if my pokemons are at a decent level or if I should train more :) , as for the puzzles etc , i prefer to do it myself

Back