• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use X items?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • In Generation 1, X Accuracy is quite valuable to have despite its incredibly "CHEAP" cost. Not only does it undo the effects of Sand Attack, Kinesis or Flash, it can make less accurate moves such as Horn Drill more likely to hit. Rest of the X items I sell off for cash.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I don't think I have ever used them in any game. I was never one of those that was hardcore into battling.

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
    Years
  • I know for sure that I've never acquired the assistance of these items xD

They were sold for extra moolah $$$

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I often forget that they exist so that would be a no haha.

Years
  • I too forget about their existence. Which is simply because I don't think they are of any use, the same way I rarely use moves that boost a single stat by a mere +1. Most of the time, I think they aren't worth the turn.

I actually used one the other week though, in what must have been a hard battle of some sort. But that must have been the first time in years.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Those use turns, correct? If they use turns, I can understand why people do not use them. For example, use "X" get one-shotted. Again, I do not know how they work. I do vaguely remember trainers using those items, then I jump with joy, then proceed to destroy them.

It increases friendship iirc, so that may be one reason to use it I guess.

Years
  • Occasionally I use them in battle for a bit of fun.

But I also use them to quickly increase Friendship, for example if I'm trying to evolve a Pokemon like Eevee into Espeon for the dex or for my team.

Battle a wild Magikarp, use 6 of each X Item, and within a few minutes you've increased your Pokemon's Friendship by 36. Repeat the process and you can do this up to 200 Friendship, then it stops working. At this point you just need some level ups to evolve your Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Me anytime I find an X item on the ground

Do you use X items?

Years
  • i think i've used it when i battled lenora in black. think i also used it versus 2nd battle with may. i rarely use it and most of the time i just leave it on my bag or i just sell it.

Years
  • Haha! No i don't either. I like the idea but it's a turn I could have used dealing damage.

Other turn based games however, that's a bit different. If we are talking something like Final Fantasy then yes I use items or spells to buff my characters. It's different with those games. Maybe cause you have more than one character out so you are free to buff up and deal damage at the same time.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Would you believe me if I told you I have only ever used an X-item once in my whole Pokémon gaming history? It was actually a couple of X-attacks in the battle against Roark in Diamond, which I wouldn't have used had I not had just a Starly in my team (I was doing a flying monotype challenge).

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2019
    Since X items wear off after switching, I almost always sell them. This is especially true in newer versions, where they fetch higher sale prices than one would initially expect. If I do use an X item, odds are that I really don't have many other options left in battle.

Years
  • I always sell them or don't even pick them, but I've seen few people using them in Solo No Faint Challenges, where it can actually help, when you're using weaker Pokémon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Very rarely, if I really want to win a battle. I don't care to use the X Attack, though, maybe just X-Defense and Guard Spec here and there. Tbh, the X items aren't very useful since once you switch a Pokémon out, their effects wear off, so, I've never cared for those item types.

Back