• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you visit the official english Pokemon website?

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    I almost never. Sometimes i check it out. Its kinda boring and says things most people already know. I prefer serebii or another unoficcial site for my news.

Gars129

Years
    And i hate it when mailbag refuses to release something about platinum when some people have already played the game. Its really designed for very little kids.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I sometimes check it out. I mostly just use Psypokes or Bulbapedia to get game information.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, the site is boring and doesnt reveal any news to us. We learn about games early by visiting Serebii while learning about Japanese releases but the official site only covers releases of the US which are late.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Yeah, the site is boring and doesnt reveal any news to us.

Agreed. The only actual news it offers, really, is probably upcoming events in the US, but other than that, it's really not worth it. The flash makes it a bit more difficult to deal with on top of everything else (compared to other sites, at least).

It was awesome when it was the only real source of information back in the day, though. Or maybe I'm just biased because I'm remembering how I felt about it when I was roughly nine years old.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I think I visited there once when I was in first grade, and that was only to find out if there was a PC version of the game (at the time, my parents wouldn't let me get a Game Boy, so I only knew about the game through my friends).

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I never visit there. I might have once in grade 5, but never again. There was no useful information there.

If anything, I visit the Japanese website for educational purposes if I'm bored (strengthen Japanese vocabulary usage).

Years
    The site is official so all you can expect is what they want you to know, very little information unlike the fansites with a lot of detail.
    The only reason to visit is to get authentic information.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I haven't visited the official site for about six years or something. Before I discovered forums (which is what I rely on for Pokémon news now), I used to hang out at Serebii or Pe2k and read the various articles written on them. They always had news of Pokémon before anyone (other than Coro-Core, of course) so there wasn't really a point in going back to the official site, which was rarely updated.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    I go to the site on occasion just to authenticate events and such. The annoying thing is I have to google search for the site because when I attempt to go to it in the broswer it says thats its not a website.

Years
    I just visit it to see if there are any new events or something coming up. I want to go to the one coming up, but I doubt I'll be able to :(

Gars129

Years
    I go to the site on occasion just to authenticate events and such. The annoying thing is I have to google search for the site because when I attempt to go to it in the broswer it says thats its not a website.
    You have to put the www. to enter.

Im just wondering, is the jp. site just as bad? I've never seen it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I used to, but now days I don't really visit it.

It was a bit more useful when it still linked to that PokemonCenter store, that was a good place to look around, and occasionally buy from, but the website is gone now. ;~;

Back