• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Ash to be replaced?

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Give us a full spin-off series with Jimmy/Gold and I'd totally watch it.

Ash can't leave like that, I don't like him but...Yeah, he could continue his journey, as he clearly isn't done with becoming the Pokémon Master yet. So, no replacing Ash in the actual show.

But give Pokémon Chronicles more episodes, I adore Jimmy ~

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Yes.Things get stale after, what? Like 13 years. Like the new outfit though :)

Coming to think of it, seeing some new lad with a hat and different Pokemon would be weird. I still want Ash gone though, we need a breath of fresh air. A new character every series, the male protagonist, and maybe a female for once, of the simultaneous games. Then again, they'll probably have the same personality as Ash, but a different face, which is good too. :)

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I've just gotten into Beyblade series and I've noticed a lot of people cry about the older characters getting replaced. Same thing is happing with Misty/May/Brock now and Dawn imagine what'd happen if Ash got replaced, it'd be insane. However a spin off I could maybe see, than again I don't think those specials did so well in Japan, at least not as well as Pokemon. If they were to do a spin off I'd like one on either May or Paul, or maybe Barry.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    PearlShipper4Life said:
    I've just gotten into Beyblade series and I've noticed a lot of people cry about the older characters getting replaced.

To be fair, the original cast is better than the replacements.

Anyway, "Sick of Ash? II" is already going on. No, I wouldn't want Ash to be replaced. Of course there is no guarantee that the new character would be Ash II or some totally amazing character that blows Ash away but it's better to be safe and sorry. Also, if I was tired of Ash then I would just stop watching the animé but that seems to be too complicated for some people.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm not really... "sick" of Satoshi but I probably wouldn't mind if he were to be replaced.
    It could be refreshing to see new character... But to tell the truth tons of fans would be complaining like crazy so writers wouldn't have any other choice but to put Satoshi back.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Changing the outfit and some animations styles was never considered by me at least as an improvement. I honestly want a more mature personality for Ash.

I mean, stop throwing a Pokeball at every wild Pokemon encountered. Why can't Ash learn from his mistakes? I know that he is just a 10 year old and will forever remain so, but don't 10 year-olds learn from mistakes?

It may appear that I am simply trolling, but I do want to express a serious flaw in the Anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    I have never been satisfied with Pokemon spin-offs, so it would make very little difference if they made a spin-off. So, just replace him with a better character.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mervyn797 said:
    Changing the outfit and some animations styles was never considered by me at least as an improvement. I honestly want a more mature personality for Ash.

I mean, stop throwing a Pokeball at every wild Pokemon encountered. Why can't Ash learn from his mistakes? I know that he is just a 10 year old and will forever remain so, but don't 10 year-olds learn from mistakes?

It may appear that I am simply trolling, but I do want to express a serious flaw in the Anime.

It's not a flaw. Every time a new saga begins, there's a whole new set of kids that have never watched the animé before and all of these antics are new to them. Get over it.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
    I think that BW is the perfect stopping place for Ash as the main character. Unfortunately, given his popularity it's unlikely he'll be replaced.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think that BW is the perfect stopping place for Ash as the main character. Unfortunately, given his popularity it's unlikely he'll be replaced.

What popularity? 90% of the original watchers have moved on and most of the current watchers are under 12 and wouldn't care much! -_-

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
    What popularity? 90% of the original watchers have moved on and most of the current watchers are under 12 and wouldn't care much! -_-

Ash is popular with the show's target audience: children. Granted, a lot of this popularity comes from Pikachu, but he's still popular.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    To be fair, the original cast is better than the replacements.

Anyway, "Sick of Ash? II" is already going on. No, I wouldn't want Ash to be replaced. Of course there is no guarantee that the new character would be Ash II or some totally amazing character that blows Ash away but it's better to be safe and sorry. Also, if I was tired of Ash then I would just stop watching the animé but that seems to be too complicated for some people.

Personally, I don't want Ash or anyone else replaced, yes, even that Charlie Harper wannabe Brock who I hate, but considering the fact that they are replacing people left and right, it would be better off and more consistent if they actually went to the extreme of replacing absolutely everybody, or even better yet, not replace anyone at all.

Besides, it's been about 13 years, and they still haven't elaborated on what a Pokemon Master is, and even places that would have been the perfect opportunity to explain it were completely disregarded or outright ignored. The point of a goal is its END. They never gave that to Ash, so either they actually start elaborating in an absolute, non-contradictory manner as to what a Pokemon Master is, or kick him off the show if they are unwilling to explain.

Yes, he's been around for thirteen years, but then again, Brock's been around for about twelve years, and that never stopped them from removing Brock for good. Heck, Misty, who has gotten a LOT of praise, and was quite popular with fans, even to fans who probably were too young to actually remember her, was still replaced, and even when several people tried to voice against it, they still ignored it. Ultimately, Ash will not be different. If even popularity couldn't save them, there isn't any chance of it saving Ash, either. Mathematically and statistics wise, it's that simple.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    weedle_mchairybug said:
    Personally, I don't want Ash or anyone else replaced, yes, even that Charlie Harper wannabe Brock who I hate, but considering the fact that they are replacing people left and right, it would be better off and more consistent if they actually went to the extreme of replacing absolutely everybody, or even better yet, not replace anyone at all.

Yeah but the writers are complicated like that I suppose.

Besides, it's been about 13 years, and they still haven't elaborated on what a Pokemon Master is, and even places that would have been the perfect opportunity to explain it were completely disregarded or outright ignored. The point of a goal is its END. They never gave that to Ash, so either they actually start elaborating in an absolute, non-contradictory manner as to what a Pokemon Master is, or kick him off the show if they are unwilling to explain.

It's probably best that they don't elaborate on it and leave it up to the imaginations of the kids playing the games and watching the show. No point in kicking him off for such a reason.

Yes, he's been around for thirteen years, but then again, Brock's been around for about twelve years, and that never stopped them from removing Brock for good. Heck, Misty, who has gotten a LOT of praise, and was quite popular with fans, even to fans who probably were too young to actually remember her, was still replaced, and even when several people tried to voice against it, they still ignored it. Ultimately, Ash will not be different. If even popularity couldn't save them, there isn't any chance of it saving Ash, either. Mathematically and statistics wise, it's that simple.

I don't understand whether or not I'm supposed to respond to this. I will just assume that you're talking about something else though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think rather than Ash being replaced, he should be subjected to "secondary male character" role. Let some other person be the lead, but keep Ash and Pikachu around.
    And let him age a bit. Make him into a slightly dumber, more enthusiastic Brock.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No, he and pikachu are the mascots of the pokemon series

So was Solid Snake of the Metal Gear franchise, yet that never stopped Kojima from essentially replacing him and retiring him from main character status and having Big Boss and Raiden replacing him.

It's probably best that they don't elaborate on it and leave it up to the imaginations of the kids playing the games and watching the show. No point in kicking him off for such a reason.

Ikue Ohtani said the exact same thing about Pikachu's gender, and look what happened: They still revealed it anyways. If they can do it with Pikachu's Gender, they can certainly explain what it is with his goal.

In any case, if a Pokemon Master truly had anything to do with beating the Elite 4 or even the Champion, they should have retired Ash from the show during the end of the Battle Frontier, as they were implied to be around their level, if not even stronger than them.

And why should Ash being the main character have ANYTHING to do with gaining immunity? I could easily say that he's the main character, yet I'd also just remove him without a whim anyways, so that stuff is meaningless. Besides, the narrator also referred to his friends and Ash collectively as being "our heroes", which means they too had star status, and did they get the cut? no. In other words, saying someone is the star is just meaningless.

Years
    I think ash should get replaced I really liked Jimmy he is great. I think there should either be a spin off or ash replaced I like pokemon but ash annoys me so does jessie and james lol

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    weedle_mchairybug said:
    Ikue Ohtani said the exact same thing about Pikachu's gender, and look what happened: They still revealed it anyways. If they can do it with Pikachu's Gender, they can certainly explain what it is with his goal.

It's not as though the gender of a Pikachu is as important as the definition of a term that even the Pokémon Company didn't want to answer.

In any case, if a Pokemon Master truly had anything to do with beating the Elite 4 or even the Champion, they should have retired Ash from the show during the end of the Battle Frontier, as they were implied to be around their level, if not even stronger than them.
    It must not have to do anything with them if they didn't end it.

And why should Ash being the main character have ANYTHING to do with gaining immunity? I could easily say that he's the main character, yet I'd also just remove him without a whim anyways, so that stuff is meaningless. Besides, the narrator also referred to his friends and Ash collectively as being "our heroes", which means they too had star status, and did they get the cut? no. In other words, saying someone is the star is just meaningless.
    Not to Ash I guess.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's not as though the gender of a Pikachu is as important as the definition of a term that even the Pokémon Company didn't want to answer.

Considering the fact that Ikue Ohtani implied that the company she was working for actually forbade any hints to Pikachu's gender because it would take away from its popularity, it's close enough.

It must not have to do anything with them if they didn't end it.

Well, if they don't plan to end it, then I guess they should never have even given Ash a goal in the first place.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    weedle_mchairybug said:
    Considering the fact that Ikue Ohtani implied that the company she was working for actually forbade any hints to Pikachu's gender because it would take away from its popularity, it's close enough.

For the animé sure. But I'm quite there hasn't any media in the franchise including animé, games, manga, TCG, etc that has properly explained what a Pokémon Master is.

Well, if they don't plan to end it, then I guess they should never have even given Ash a goal in the first place.

I suppose so.

Back