• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want new types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
Years
  • New type = instant overpowered-ness.

You already know that Gamefreak wants to make everything new more OP than the previous thing... new type after 4(Dark)~5 Generations.

5 times the OP. lol gg

New type = instant overpowered-ness.

You already know that Gamefreak wants to make everything new more OP than the previous thing... new type after 4(Dark)~5 Generations.

5 times the OP. lol gg

Last edited:

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • As of now nothing a broken enough to be fixed. At worst, it's dark/ghost type combination and electross, have no weakness.

And I'm starting to agree with adding the Light type being silly; Dark type pokemons are those that play dirty, rather than being evil themselves, despite what its japanese name call it (Evil).

If Light (or holy, good etc) were to be added, those poor ghost and dark will be stereotyped negatively, and cheeziness battle of good and evil ensures.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not disappointed at all - I am satisfied with the number of types now and never thought that 5th gen would bring about a new type like Light type, despite what some of the supporters of that would have had you think. =p

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • A light type would throw everything off. And the Pokemon they made didn't need new types.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • The more the types, the more complex the system gets. I like complex stuff, so I would really love it if more types were created.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As of now nothing a broken enough to be fixed. At worst, it's dark/ghost type combination and electross, have no weakness.

And I'm starting to agree with adding the Light type being silly; Dark type pokemons are those that play dirty, rather than being evil themselves, despite what its japanese name call it (Evil).

If Light (or holy, good etc) were to be added, those poor ghost and dark will be stereotyped negatively, and cheeziness battle of good and evil ensures.
    You can use Gravity on Eelektross, so Ground is still Super Effective. And the way I understood it is Dark type is more Mischievous, Cheap, a Crafty. More then it symbolizes Evil. Then again it could mean Evil or Shadow. The introduction of Light if it ever happened would have been this Generation if any since many people though Reshiram would represent Light and Zekrom would have Dark.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i would only want new types if they made sense and didn't muddle up the game. i'm pretty sure they could come up with new types but if it's just for show then i don't want it

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't necessarily want new types, but maybe an adjustment of some of them to equalize out some of the inconsistencies (e.g. strengthening Grass and especially Poison types) wouldn't go amiss.

Other than that, making do with a whole host of new dual-type combinations like Steel/Ghost or Ice/Fire would certainly suit me fine.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There's absolutely no need for any new types, so I'm happy with what we have right now. Everything seems rather balanced at the moment, I'd rather than than risk having an unbalanced game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Well, it would be an interesting concept if they had at least two more types. =O That would be more strategy! ^_^

But ehhh, on a level on where I'd say there's no need for more types, contrary to what I've just said, I guess the pokemon types would be a little...harder to know what types they are effective / uneffective to, etc. Because, when steel and dark types were introduced, I've had a little trouble remembering what pokemon were dark or steel types, and which of the origonal pokemon fell in those categories, like Magnemite.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    a new type would give people tat use that type in competetive battling an advantage as no one else will be as familliar with it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Seventeen types is more than enough. I mean, if each Pokemon in Gen V were single-type, that's only 9 or 10 Pokemon in each type. And really, what else would they do for a type?

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I really don't want any more types at all. We are perfectly fine with the ones we have now.

Years
  • I wanted a Light type, to balance it with Dark. Light and Dark are opposites, that sort of thing. I also wanted a type that would be for technological cyber Pokemon. Electric and Steel don't exactly apply to what I have in mind. I mean like look at Porygon, Normal type? I don't think being a virtual Pokemon is Normal? Maybe like Cyber type?? But yeah, I don't really care if this type ever comes out. I'm pretty much satisfied with everything GF offered. ^^'

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I'm indifferent to a new type or two, if they could think of them, and create enough pokemon to balance them out, I still remember when Gold and Silver came out and we were stuck with less than a handful of steel.

Anyway, what I would REALLY like to see are more starters. I think the game would be awesome if they made a starter for every type, and added more gyms, instead of only having 8.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Light-type, simply to counteract the Dark-type. Moves like Luster Purge, Flash Cannon, and Doom Desire (to an extent) bother me due to their blatant references to LIGHT, yet the former is Psychic-type, and the latter two are Steel-type. I know that it would be kind of hard to make a special Steel-type move, but still...

There should also be revised type match-ups, like Fighting-type being super effective to Bug-type (think "fist smashing ants/roaches"), Poison-type being super effective to Water-type (there's a reason many organisms can't thrive in polluted water), and Electric-type being super effective against Generation 2 (really, metal CONDUCTS electricity. This should have been implemented in Generation 2). If Ice-type can't have super effectiveness against Water-type, at least let it deal neutral damage (I mean, all of those "Ice Rays/Beams" in videogames being used on Water...?).

The Light-type and Dark-type would be mutually super-effective against each other... I kind of want to make it super effective against Flying-type (the "Icarus" tale; flying organisms being more prone to the Sun's glaring light), but Flying-types already struggles enough in battle. Light-type would also be super effective against Steel-types. It would be weak to the aforementioned Dark-type defensively and offensively weak against the Water-type and Ice-type (derived from the concept of light refraction in water and ice crystals). Ghost-types could be warded off by light, I guess. Fire and electricity can be construed as manifestations of light, so there's that... And Grass-types commonly use sunlight for energy, so they'd probably resist it...
    Light-Type Matchups:
    MOVES:
    Super Effective Against: Dark-type, Steel-type, Flying-type, Ghost-type
    Not Very Effective Against: Water-type ,Ice-type, Fire-type, Electric-type, Grass-type

DEFENDING POKEMON:
    Susceptible To: Dark-type
    Resistant Against: Steel-type
    Now that I rethink it, lasers could theoretically slice through ice...so I guess 1x damage to Ice-types. Now the number of offensive and defensive resistances and weaknesses are equal. This was what I was able to scramble at the moment; I don't even know if they would be viable and/or possibly break the metagame even further. :\

But yeah, after the Light-types inclusion, I would vouch for NO MORE TYPES. The only one I could even consider conceivable after that is a "Crystal-type" (derived from the Crystal Style/Crystal Release of the Naruto series), and I'm a bit averse to that as Ice-type seems to cover that "transparent light-refracting solid" spectrum, and we already have THREE "mineral" types in Pokemon already.

Do you want new types?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back