• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want some taco with that hot sauce?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Are you the type of person that uses a lot of condiments or a lot of one condiment? Does it depend on what you're eating? What's your favorite one?

I like a lot. Hot sauce would be my favorite, aha. But I tend not to drown out my food in it. I put enough, to accent the flavor... . If I didn't like the food in the first place to where I have to use so much hot sauce or ketchup or whatever, I wouldn't eat it in the first place.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't usually put on condiments since they mask the foods flavor. But for certain food items (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.) I'll use ketchup to enhance it's flavor :B

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I like a lot of condiments. Ketchup, hot sauce, sweet 'n' sour, BBQ... (Though it depends what I put it on really...)

Years
  • It all depends on the food. On the whole, though, I usually don't use any.

When I make curry, I put in sour cream (it makes it so creamy and good!). I also use sour cream on baked potatoes. When I eat pizza, I always have to have pizza or pasta sauce with it, and I usually put on tons of red pepper. Sometimes when I eat fries, I use ketchup, but not usually.

I went through a phase when I put red pepper on anything savory. It's like black pepper, but more awesome! I'm using less now, but some foods still require it (see pizza). Out of things considered traditionally condiments, probably sour cream? :s

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like ketchup on burgers and fries, mustard on corn dogs, and Tabasco on everything. Judicious (more or less) use of Tabasco makes everything better.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Uhh, yeah depends on what I'm eating. I don't often have ketchup with fries, unless they're big fries. I like ranch on salad. I like hot sauce on tacos, if it's available (not too much though, lol). I looooove cheese sauce on...probably anything that has cheese sauce. Not too big on mustard or mayo though. Never have been, but I can tolerate mustard at least. Mayo is disgusting, and so is sour cream. Those aren't all condiments? idc.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I used to put ketchup on EVERYTHING, and looking back on it now it was disgusting. Now it's limited to hamburgers, hotdogs, and any form of potatoes (Mashed, fries, baked, whatever).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    It depends on what I am eating. I rarely eat ketchup with fries, hamburger, etc, I use honey mustard instead. Actually, I use it for most of my meals. I like hot sauce, but only on certain food.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Depends on what I'm having.
    I prefer ketchup on burgers, hotdogs, and chips/french fries.
    I also Henderson's Relish on stuff like fried fish and steak.
    For chicken, I prefer gravy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If I have anything savory, I usually put something on it to make it taste less bland. I can't stand chips with anything on them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I use a variety of condiments but never a lot. I prefer food to taste like itself with a bit of enhanced flavor.

I used to drown everything in ketchup though. That's probably why I think it's kinda gross now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I tend to use gravy and Diane sauce etc on tons of things, I love those so much. But when it comes to regular condiments like ketchup etc, I don't use a whole lot. I can be a salt junkie though.

Sean

Years
  • I actually don't use very many.

The only noticeable one I would use is gravy for the typical Sunday dinner.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It really depends:

Subway sandwiches normally get doused in Chipotle Southwest Sauce
    Bacon sandwiches normally get Brown sauce
    Anything steaky gets peppercorn sauce
    Hot dogs get mustard
    Lamb gets mint sauce

There are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. As you can tell, I like variety in my condimentation.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • No way, all condiments make me gag, so I eat everything dry.

It's okay though... I just like things plain in general. I never put extra salt/pepper on food, or any sugar in my tea etc.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I usually don't overload on condiments - usually what they give me at the restaurant is more than enough. And usually I'll only have ketchup or barbecue sauce. And sometimes I'm too lazy to use any condiments at all xD

Years
  • I generally use hot sauce on a lot of my foods. However, I'm perfectly fine without condiments at times and like to eat food plainly as is.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Sad as it may be, Taco Bell fire sauce is my favorite condiment. I grab a ton of packets and use it in sandwiches & in some dishes at home. I'm a salt fiend but have been strenuously cutting back for years - I used to dip fries in a little pile of salt as a kid, LOL.

Sweet things on hot dogs taste weird to me (Sabrett spicy beef hot dogs = nom), so I use spicy brown mustard along with some vegetables, and sometimes sriracha. On pizza I use cayenne pepper, ground red pepper, ground peppercorns, sriracha, and garlic salt before throwing it in the oven.

Honey mustard and polynesian sauce are great, too. Bearnaise & caper sauces are my favorites to use on anything non-Indian.

Back