• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Soul/Kotone in the HGSS arc?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Stupid reason to unify two characters.

Especially that they have two remotely different dressing tastes. Crystal in Kotone's tasteless clothes? God, no!

I want Kotone to be a new character. I want her to appear side-to-side with Kris to show the world that the two aren't the same.

It is quite poor reasoning, but hey, they did that with Blue and Leaf.

lucawesome

Voice Acting Trainer
    Years
    Long answer short, yes, I do want to see her if there's a HG/SS arc. Ugh, but I don't even want to think about what's gonna happen or what they're gonna do with Kris. Too many possible theories.

Also, let's not forget about Eusine.
    That's where it's at.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No. Not if she's gonna be with Silver and Gold and take over Crys' role (since Crys is a lab assistant now). I'd be ok with it if they made her like Yellow though; a new hero, perhaps a dex holder, with a veeery special personality and/or style. And not too weird, like Dia...... *shot*

Crys MUST be there though. She's still my favourite female, side with Misty. And Eusine... how old is Crys now? *naughty shipper grin*

WAIT. I realized. There is no new color - only colored/game named characters get a dex. She'll be a female Wally. More likely they'll do like they did with Leaf -> Blue though. Sigh.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Should Kotone be added to the manga as a new character, I can see her being a possible cousin to Blue or Gold. But, as has been said, Kotone will, sadly, be merged with Crys ;-;

OR this may be an oppurtunity for there to be leaked info about Gen. 5! Think about it, with no colors to name Kotone after, perhaps, just maybe, she'll be named after a yet-to-be-released version! This is just me being whimsical, but you never know. Stranger things have happened; I.E. May getting a Munchlax in the anime before Gen. 4 was announced, or Ho-OH appearing in Episode...2(?) of Gen 1. in the Anime.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Red's Hawt Chibi Peppers said:
    Crys MUST be there though. She's still my favourite female, side with Misty. And Eusine... how old is Crys now? *naughty shipper grin*
    Even if she's older Eusine would still be, what, more then ten years older then her? And she's not really chasing Suicune anymore. Which is why she was destined to be with Gold! *shot*

Notch-Eared Pichu said:
    OR this may be an oppurtunity for there to be leaked info about Gen. 5! Think about it, with no colors to name Kotone after, perhaps, just maybe, she'll be named after a yet-to-be-released version! This is just me being whimsical, but you never know. Stranger things have happened; I.E. May getting a Munchlax in the anime before Gen. 4 was announced, or Ho-OH appearing in Episode...2(?) of Gen 1. in the Anime.
    I really doubt the manga should have any reason to reference to a fifth generation, at least for now. It's never done anything for advertisement purposes, considering the anime does it all for the franchise. And those examples are all for the anime, not the manga, so I don't see how they're liable examples in the first place.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Well, here's a bit more cement to the idea that Kotone will replace Kris:

This is a picture of Kris before her hair was changed to blue in the manga.

And here is a picture of our perky and cute Kotone. Am I the only one who sees the similarity between the two?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011

This is a picture of Kris before her hair was changed to blue in the manga.

Wrong. That picture is drawn for the Emerald arc, which means her hair was brown, then blue, then the current colour you see here. So, that is a picture of Crystal after her hair was changed to blue in the manga

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Why don't anybody think that Kotone can be Crys under cover? She pretend to newby trainer and joined team rocket(as I remember, this is one of the HGSS plot) to work inside them?

zuniga325

Beginning Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    1. I see Kotone as a modified Kris(Crys) because nobody didn't assume that Hibiki WASN'T Gold.
    2.The females in the anime were given non-color games while in the manga they
    were given version names:
    Anime/Game names: Manga:
    Unnamed female/Leaf Blue
    May/Haruka Sapphire
    Dawn/Hikari Platinum Berlitz
    Marina Crys
    3. On top of that Kotone's beginner is Chikorita and I don't think Crys is gonna give Mega to an amateur.
    4. Crys hair was brown on more than one occasion throughout her appearance in the manga. It doesn't mean that it can't change again.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    personally no. But I have a strong feeling that she will make an appearence in the manga. I much rather Crystal to return.

kyunyo

-nomnomnomnom-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Hm, for nostalgia's sakes, I wouldn't want a new character, but then again Kotone might be very refreshing. I haven't had the time to look at her character personality or anything yet, so I can't jump to the conclusion that I don't want her there.

I like Kris, but it'd be nice if she was, as some people said before, a mentor to Kotone.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    1. Although I think that Kris' hair is odd, and she would look... nice... with Lyra's clothes and haircut, there must be four main characters in each saga. Actually, that's the reason why I think they made a new female character to replace Kris in the games. So the only one with three protagonists would be the DPt Saga (since Wally is the 4th protagonist of RuSaEm IMO).
    2. And Lyra/Silver would make a perfect couple together! ^_^
    3. I haven't seen Kris nor Lyra in the HGSS saga pictures, that must be a big surprise then.

Clover Cat

Years
    1. Although I think that Kris' hair is odd, and she would look... nice... with Lyra's clothes and haircut, there must be four main characters in each saga. Actually, that's the reason why I think they made a new female character to replace Kris in the games. So the only one with three protagonists would be the DPt Saga (since Wally is the 4th protagonist of RuSaEm IMO).
    2. And Lyra/Silver would make a perfect couple together! ^_^
    3. I haven't seen Kris nor Lyra in the HGSS saga pictures, that must be a big surprise then.
    1. Can you inform me as to why there must be four main characters in every saga? It's true you could claim it as a tradition, but by that reasoning there should be a hidden Dex-Holder-in-the-making somewhere in DP or Platinum.
    2. Shippings don't really count, considering nothing is canon as of yet.
    3. The writers are either keeping it in suspense on purpose, don't really care because they think it's obvious, or they themselves haven't yet decided (though this last one is highly unlikely at this point).

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    1. Can you inform me as to why there must be four main characters in every saga? It's true you could claim it as a tradition, but by that reasoning there should be a hidden Dex-Holder-in-the-making somewhere in DP or Platinum.
    2. Shippings don't really count, considering nothing is canon as of yet.
    3. The writers are either keeping it in suspense on purpose, don't really care because they think it's obvious, or they themselves haven't yet decided (though this last one is highly unlikely at this point).
    1. Because I like it this way. No other reason.
    2. Shippings give more reality and really can keep the reader's attention in any kind of novel.
    3. ... I think I said the same in my last post, but with less words. That just wasn't a question, so please don't answer, no matter how much you like to show your knowledges.

P.S.: This forums and threads are supposed to be a place to post our opinions and share them with no judgements (as you can see in the Rules). But if you don't agree with another user, tell him why you don't and let's make PC a place to acquire new thoughts, together. And don't cut off the ideas you don't fell good about.

Clover Cat

Years
    1. Because I like it this way. No other reason.
    2. Shippings give more reality and really can keep the reader's attention in any kind of novel.
    3. ... I think I said the same in my last post, but with less words. That just wasn't a question, so please don't answer, no matter how much you like to show your knowledges.

P.S.: This forums and threads are supposed to be a place to post our opinions and share them with no judgements (as you can see in the Rules). But if you don't agree with another user, tell him why you don't and let's make PC a place to acquire new thoughts, together. And don't cut off the ideas you don't fell good about.
    1. Good enough.
    2. *shrugs* I'm a shipper myself. Can't really argue, although my point still stands.

Ignoring three. And I apologize if I came off as rude, because that wasn't my intention. Yes, I have read the Rules. I wasn't trying to cut off anyone's ideas, I just decided to respond to yours. Maybe that's my fault for being lazy. I don't remember insulting you, I was just making a point. Again, if there was a misunderstanding, that was not my intention.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Another point is the number of girls being PokéDex holders. Everyone remembers the first versions, when you could not choose between boy and girl. It was PokéSpe what showed that female protagonists would not spoil Pokémon, as some Japanese Game Directors may have thought. That's why another girl with a Dex would be great, too.

To Clover Cat:
    Spoiler:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Lol, the name Lyra brings HDM vibes in me.

I see Lyra being more likely to be a new character, rather than being Crys in a new outfit. As people have said before, Crys could be her mentor. I can certainly see it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I'm not sure how I would want them to resolve this issue.
    However, I can see them doing what they did with Blue.
    I want to say that in stadium 2 for n64 the female player sprite would take the form of red with brown pigtails which was supposed to be Crys, so maybe...

Back