• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you wear glasses?

You and Glasses

• Total voters

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • I was warned when was younger not to sit so close to the TV, but alas I didn't listen. Or perhaps I inherited it from my Dad seeing as my Mum is long-sighted?

Anyway I'm short-sighted so need glasses but I don't wear them all the time. Only for classes and Watching TV, and when I'm on the computer and occasionally when I'm playing Pokemon, so basically all the time xD But I don't wear them out, I don't want my eyes to become lazy.

What about you?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yes, I wear them. These are my glasses. They're sexy, if I do say so myself. AND THE FRAMES GET DARKER IN THE SUN!!!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • ^They are nice. I like black half-frames, which are what I have. Oh yours are RayBan, those are very popular x)

Ayselipera

Nope! When I was little I was jealous of everyone else because they were all getting glasses and I felt left out, but now I'm happy I don't need glasses. Last time I went to the doctors I was told I have perfect vision and hopefully I stay that way. I think I look terrible with glasses on. :(

Years
  • Although my vision is very good, I personally wanted glasses because of the strenuous amount of work I do on the computer. I draw and make graphics, which require near enough all of my attention. Now because of that, I am prone to eye strain. I wear my glasses every single time I use the computer to help me with that, and often enough I like wearing them casually because I have a professional sort of vibe from having them on.

My glasses aren't fancy and they certainly don't have a fancy frame, they're simple and functional. Often enough people tend to tell me that they suit my appearance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to wear glasses back in high school. When I turned 18, I immediately underwent eye laser surgery. My vision has improved significantly since then. Though I do miss wearing glasses, they were part of my high school personality.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've been wearing glasses since fourth grade, and no they aren't fun. However, soon I shall be transitioning to the change of wearing contacts which would make me have a little more self confidence in doing daily activities. If I like my contacts, I might end up switching to colored ones to give my eye a splash of different color. I love my natural light brown eyes, but I want to try something 'new'.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I've been wearing glasses full-time since I was seven, and I disliked them at first. But now I feel like they're a part of my face.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I started wearing glasses when I was 6 due to Astigmatism, previously I feel that someone whose wearing glasses look more smarter and a kind of fun. I only wear glasses when I'm in class or in front of computer. I need it to wear it at night or else I cant see clearly through the light around the road. to be frank I'm all the time hanging out with friends until midnight. Most of my friends prefer the way I'm wearing glasses, I don't know why... Previously I will only wear it when I'm reading, but seen my eye sight power is increasing, I had been advised to wear it all the time.

Years
  • I don't wear glasses and never have. My vision was always perfect, or at least close to perfect, but in my last year of school I went over-the-top with studying and since then my eyes can't concentrate on anything for long without going blurry. So I have to blink more. I went to the optometrist and got told it's not something glasses will fix.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I've had to wear glasses full time since I was five, and have only had like... 5 pairs TOPS due to irregular visits... (One pair actually left indents on the sides of my head since they got too small...) (Including the pair I am currently wearing...

I actually cannot see 6 inches in front of my face without them. Maybe 3 tops. I'm horribly near sighted.

And to be honest I don't want contacts, nor am I fond of the thought of my having them. Not entirely sure why, but I am attached to glasses.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I wear contacts now, started to since last year. Much better than my annoying glasses.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've had glasses since I was in third grade. First I had a problem with them, but now that I'm too lazy half the time to put in contacts, I simply wear my glasses all the time (though there was that one time when I went through the whole Summer without classes, because they broke on my birthday. On a Cruise. It was quite fun going right up to the TV Screen so I can see what I'm doing while playing Tales of Symphonia).

I most likely inherited it, because both of my parents wear glasses as well.

Years
  • I'd wanted glasses almost all my life, and finally got them in 7th grade. I love them to pieces still. :)

I need a new pair pretty badly, though. The ones I have are at least five years old now and I need a stronger prescription. It's hard to save the money to get a new prescription and a new set, especially since I don't have insurance. Being an adult sucks sometimes.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I've had glasses for a while now, ever since Elementary school. I wear them all the time.

If I don't have them on, I can see, but can't read at all, unless the font is really huge or something.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been wearing contacts since I was 12, not for any sight problems, but without them I get migraines due to sensitive eyes or something like that. Apparently they're more receptive to light or something like that.

My optometrist suggested I get glasses a few months ago, but i shot him down because I'm too vain to wear glasses plus unlike most people I know, I'm perfectly fine with touching my eye with the lenses.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes I do wear glasses and have done so for 6-7 years. The main reason I got them was because I couldn't see what was going on from far away, particularly when I was playing the PS2.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I've been wearing glasses full-time since I was seven, and I disliked them at first. But now I feel like they're a part of my face.
    Same here, I've been wearing glasses since I was 9, and I hated them back then. XD
    But now I've gotten used to them, and wear them full-time.

These are my glasses:
    Do you wear glasses?

I just replaced the gray parts on the end with black ones.
    I don't like heavy framed glasses.

Last edited:
    Back