• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you like anime???

enyce

banned
    Years
    My friends dont know. They used to know, back when I was like 13. But they think I quit or something. I never told them, and most of the anime stuff I do is secret. Like ill watch it in my room alone or something. Or go on a anime forum when no one is around.

Id think I'd get mocked for liking anime, just like I do for liking the pokemon games. Yes I like the games,not the show. But I ususally keep it a secret, the only people who really know. Are my brother, my sister and they hate it. My girlfriend likes anime. I currently live with her too.

See I hang around black people, I am black myself. I am not afraid to admit this. My friends are ignorant when it comes to anime. "You like that japanese stuff, you dont even know what they're saying" "that stuff look retarded" and all their wonderful quotes of ignorance. But whatever, sometimes I feel like im trapped in-between my black culture and japanese culture. Becaue I like anime and manga, but I dont like J-pop. I also dig Asian women for some reason. But I also prefer the "urban" clothes and music. Over the ones in Japan.

Last edited:

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Yeah, just about everyone knows I like anime, since I usually always have manga with me and I wear a wristband thing that says "I love anime" sometimes. My close friends like it too. Yeah, I get the occasional "them Chinese books is stupid", but it doesn't bother me because it's always from people that I hate or don't want to bother getting to know anyway. =)

cybernin

Come on, come and kill me Kira
    Years
    #1 anime fan in my school, and among friends.

If epople say anime stinks, i normally grab them by the collay and shove agaisnt a wall and say "Whatd you just say midget?" (tallest guy there)

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    My friends don't know, If they did know they'd probably freak out and go "What the hell is Anime?!?" Yea, Some of my friends don't even know what anime is ¬_¬ I usually keep my likings to myself as people who don't like it would just make fun like they do with other Anime likers.

Although, I have told my best friend that I like anime, And to my suprise, she liked it aswell :D So we're always around each others houses talking about anime, Manga and such.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Emma, I envy you just for that. I have no one who likes manga/anime in general.

Most of my friends do, & just ignore me when I try to talk about it, like it's weird or something. They're so narrow minded about it. If they were open to new things maybe they could like some animes. I've got one friend... into one anime. & that I'm proud of.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    *points to shelf full of manga, anime, Japanese CDs, other Japanese crap*

Most of my friends know, and most don't really care. Not many people like the stuff around here, but it doesn't stop me from liking it. I have a few friends who like it, so if I ever talk to anyone about it, it's usually those few that like it.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My best friend likes Pokemon just like me,
    It was a surprise for me to find that out ^_^
    Most kids in my school think Pokemon and Beyblade (with the other anime they show around here) are too childish;
    some of my friends don't like anime, but they accepted that I do.

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    Since I draw everyday and people tend to get curious what I'm doodling, they think I love anime and manga.
    Though, only my friends know that I just like manga. Some of them love anime and manga so they don't mind, the other few just think anime and manga is creepy and weird. xD

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Anime and Manga got fairly popular around me at one time so it all kicked off.
    Now I still actually like it and no one else doesn't.
    Everyone takes it pretty well though - im just looked at as indiviual.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    I'd always liked anime, but some people think I don't like it. Weird.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Most of the people I know, know I like anime and don't really seem to care. in fact some of them ask me to give them dvd's i've burned of them or ask to borrow my manga's whenever I finish reading them. It's wierd though since no one ever talks about it but whenever they see me with something it turns into everyone loving it.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I never hide what I like because I feel if someone has a problem with anything about me then I would rather not be their friend anyway. I am just who I am and if they do not like it, oh well. I do not care one bit. To me it is best to just be yourself. Plus you have better chances of finding friends that like the same things that you like and that is more fun in the end anyway.

Years
    Everyone I know knows I like anime and manga, no thanks to my fanart and Inuyasha bag and shirt. Most of my real life friends (which isn't many) are okay with it but one of them acts realy ignorant, but I know she's just joking around with me. I only have one RL friend who likes anime as well, but she doesn't like Pokemon so we usually have arguments over which is better, that or Yu-Gi-Oh. lol.

The ignorant one and I accually had a convo like this: Emily: "Anime is gay." Kris: "Not all of it!" Emily: o0. lol

~*Kris*~

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha on my laptop in English class when the teacher is late.

I'm that open about my liking for anime. Oh, and I've converted a few of my friends to otakus too.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    The bulk of my friends know I like animanga, but I never make it a point to tell them because it is just one interest. I usually have my sketch book (full of anime doodles) or a manga with me, so I'm not shy about it. Not all of my real-life friends are into it, but they don't care that I am.

All my online friends know since I met them at anime boards. XD

I feel kind of bad for all of you who have to put up with ignorant comments from people. It's just like saying "I really like Archie comics!" or "I watch Friends whenever it comes on!" It's no different from having any other interest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Um, sort of, my one friend knows I do, seeing as I doodle manga, read it, yabber on about FMA and bleach, he calls me a Japanese freak. 0.0

Years
    both my friends love manga! too bad they're not into anime too much...... <_<

no one at my school seems to be into anime......... instead they have this group of manga lovers who exchange manga all the time!

now i love manga as much as the rest of them, but i also love anime, and it sucks not having anyone to talk to........

one of my friends is a total anime fan girl, though. lol. she goes crazy over a bunch of anime guys. i'm also a total anime fangirl, but i'm too shy to say it off the net. :embarrass

Back