• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you like anime???

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I think the whole school knows--and is used--to my constant anime loving life-style.I even inspired some of the to like anime,so all's good.Nevertheless,the non-anime fans are either not aware that such anime/manga exists,and others just plain don't care~It's all fine though,I am not picked on ^^;

DININI

Haruhi#s #1 fun! Join the SOS!
    Years
    No one of my friends knows anything about anime (or manga) . They are n00bs >.<

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Most of the people around here don't like anime including my friends but they do know I like anime. One of my friends likes anime too and that's usually the person I talk to about anime.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    All my friends know I like anime/manga... and theres one friend of mine that thinks anime is retarded because he says its really predictable and thinks the eyes are too big. But he dosent mind watching it for some reason (Even though he comments at "predictable" Parts of it :P) other than that most of my friends like anime.

But the sad part is, is that all the "popular" or "Higher up" kids are biased in that they belive that anime/manga is stupid kid cartoons or hentai... so... they always make fun of asian kids just cause they are affiliated with the anime culture and other kids who just like it. Occasionally they will pick on me and my friends for talking about it or something but nobody really cares all that much because its so common.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Yep everyone knows. my 'best friends' think its strange why people would like it, but my other friends like it toooo...

eleniak_witch

[magical girl]
    Years
    And one more thing: If they really are your friends, they should be able to respect the fact that you like anime, if they don't. You shouldn't have to hide your likes/hobbies from them.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    I'm Quite Open To My Friends About My Manga/Anima/Japaningeneral Interest. Most Of Them Just Don't Really Care. A Few Of Them Think It's Wierd. One Of Them Even Asks Me Everytime I Get On The Phone With Him "Hey, Are You Still Into All That Japan Anime Pokemon Crap?" Eh. But None Of My "Real Life" Friends Like Anime, Exept A Few Of My Friends Watch Pokemon/One Piece, But At First Didn't Even Know It Was Japanese. Heh.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I don't think a lot knows I like anime(I don't have too many friends IRL). Only a few of people. I really don't care what everyone thinks. I love anime and they don't like it...oh well. I used to have a friend that was into anime a lot. I knew a little about it. She made me know a lot more. ^^(She recently moved...) So eventually you will meet someone who loves anime like you. And that could be a great thing. ^^

Last edited:

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Sure why not,
    the most animes are allowed from 12

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    There isn't a stigma associated with liking anime here. It's just another thing, like liking a band or a TV show. I attend a university that is home to the biggest anime club in the state (I'm a member of its committee), and hang out with both otaku and non-otaku. Those who dislike anime laugh at me for liking it, but no more than they'd laugh for liking something else they don't.

Years
    Of course and I'm proud they do. In my opinion we should not be ashamed or anything for things that we like. To be honest even if sometimes they make fun of me I really don't care just a bit. Actually, I have some of them that have been watching as well even a bit cause I gave them Anime (Although they still pretend to hate them).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Most of my friends initially became my friend because of a shared interest in anime. So yeah, I'd say it's safe to say my friends now. XD;; I don't try to hide it or anything when I'm around people I don't know, either. I don't see the point. :\ If someone's gonna make fun of me for liking "cartoons" (though it rarely happens), that's their problem since I could care less what they think of my fandoms~

valerauko

Cutting Moon
    Years
    most of my friends know that i like anime and some of them watches darker anime sometimes (cowboy bebop, hellsing, blue gender), but most of them is not much into it

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    I have friends that like anime...but maybe 1 that likes anime to the extent that I do....all the rest of the respect my choice and talk to me as the random person I am...:P

Back