• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you like Pokémon?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Remake of this thread. I quite like Natsuki's words of wisdom, the twenty-fifth post on the first page of that thread.

Do your friends know you like Pokémon? Only two of mine do, and they like it too. The three of us grew up together with Pokémon, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one that likes it the most. Other than that, nobody except for my family knows about it, and they think that I just buy the games to respect my pastime. If they knew I was on a forum they'd have me locked up, I can assure you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Most of my friends know, but none of them are on the same page. Although, I did manage to teach my friend how to battle with the cards. She kinda likes playing with those, really.

I can at least talk about the games and anime with my boyfriend, but even still, my knowledge pwns him. And since I'm totally in love with Pokemon Special, which he only knows about my crack ships, then...yeeeeah. I'm lonely there.

But for the most part, I have no one.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    No one really...Becasue no one else I know likes Pokemon >.>
    Just my close friends know I'm a super Pokefreak...

My best friend plays the games though...But my real Passion is PokemonSPecial...And yeeeah....No one knows that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My best friend plays the games though...But my real Passion is PokemonSPecial...And yeeeah....No one knows that.

Ha. I know it, though. ;D

And also, I'd like to point out that I'm not made fun of for liking it. Maybe get told to shut up about it, but...you get it. ^^;

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Nooo!
    Har har, I highly doubt they'll ever find out either. It's very, very unlikely I'd ever tell them I like Pokemon.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    nope. my friends don't know about my love for pokemon, but my close friends and best friends know all about it, every single information! :P

I am not embarrassed about it, in fact, I am proud to be a Pokemon fan. :P

i even made some of them addicted to pokemon. :P

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Hmm... i wont say all of em... Just some close friends of mine coz they kinda like pokemon... Well 'used' to but their okay with it... Most of my childhood friends back home knows that i am the ultimate pokefreak because we grew up with pokemon XD

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Lol They don't really know, but they wouldnt care xD =)

~Miraj

lol @ fade xD Im sneaking on the comp for about 10 mins =D

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    None of my m8z know apart from like 2 but i chill with girls most of the time so I dont want then knowing im a superpokefreak. Dont care what everyone else thinks though XD.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    nop,only 1 freind of mine know that.but i know that my other friends wouldn't mather because..well they are my friends!of course,they would make a joke or 2....(look at my age,but for me that ISN'T IMPORTANT AT ALL!)

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    iv got a bit of street cred(yall know what im sayin' fool?!)
    so only like two kids know im a mega geek,until the other day i was in school and my m8s nicked my bag.
    found 6 pokemon games and a guide to mario galaxy.......they told 99% of the school.:(

i wasnt happy ,so yeah...most of my freinds know im a dork.

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    Nope.
    They have noo ideia that I play pokémon and visit pokémon forums.
    Very few of them know how mad I am about PokéSpe, but those who know said that the manga is stupid like the anime.
    They have to clean their filthy mouth before talking about such a lovely manga! >:O

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Yeah my friends know it, I want to try to look like a nerd, but I play baseball and tennis so I'm not always viewed that way D:

You shouldn't hide what you like, that's just dumb...

Notorious

Ready To Die
    Years
    No.

Hell, I don't even really like Pokemon anymore, I'm just going here for other things, which probably doesn't make sense at all, but that's just me.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    Yeah, most do, and they don't bug me for it. A fair few friends play Pokemon too, but that's more real life friends. My best friend kinda likes Pokemon too, she has this special Pokeball game, but I think Im more of the fan :3

Back