• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you play pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    It seems to me that most of the time many people and their friends play pokemon together and were once obsessed. But it also seems that there is that one person that stops playing and soon you are left alone out of your friends. So are you keeping pokemon a secret? Or do they know? My point is that most people that don't play pokemon think it is stupid. Talk....

Last edited:

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • Most of my friends play Pokémon too, so yes. When I was still at school, if I were to play in the building people would often say that pokemon was stupid, and that I was stupid for playing it- in so many words, at least. :3
    Why would I be ashamed because I play a video game? I'm not going to keep something as mundane as that completely secret. If people don't like the game, that's their problem, but I for one enjoy playing it, and I'm going to keep doing so.

Johnathon

<php echo "Awesome!"; ?>
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2009
    Yes, I'm 16, and I must say that about 90% of the people in my high school play the pokemon game series.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I keep it a secret... I had a couple friends who played Pokemon, but eventually, one of them started turning more towards the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters, while the other remained with RPGs and Pokemon. Suffice it to say, though I still have one person I could play Pokemon with, in my little group of friends, I rarely get to do so; even with the WiFi Connection.

I could go on a full-scale rant about FPS games, but I'll spare your eyes the lengthy wall of pink text, since I can't really be bothered and it isn't really the section to be doing it, lol

Anyway,another contributing factor to why its not that I'm keeping it a secret; no one else knows because no one else asks if I play Pokemon. I just kind of go by the idea that if they don't ask, I won't tell them because they probably don't want to know.

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • I don't keep it a secret, no. I have two other freinds who are into it(formerly three, but he moved to new zeland), one freind who's mildly into it, one who was into it but isn't now, a couple who are just getting into it, and a couple who just aren't, and don't care that I am.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Only some of mine know that I play it, but it is like a secret between us because we all where pokemon fans.
    Though I am the only one out of our group that still likes it. V_V

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Yes I do hide it because certain people keep on telling me that it's stupid, I don't care but it's annoying. Very annoying. And to the question, yes my friends know it's just the other people that don't.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um, no? I love Pokémon a lot, but I'm not willing to lose my reputation for it. I'm in high school; kids will exploit whatever weakness you show. I'm pretty sure that playing a game designed for five year olds counts as weakness.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I know my friends from uni do because in our ridiculously long lunchbreak I try and fit a few rounds in the Elite Four or Battle Tower into the time. I guess my friends from home (mainly ones from school) do - at least the ones I am still in contact with do.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I moved, and for a while i kept the fact that I play pokémon quiet. Then I invited a friend round from school and he saw my DS sat there with pokémon emerald in the bottom. Had no problem with it whatsoever. Infact, all my friends started playing pokémon again because I was playing it.
    :D.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Only one of my friends. I won't tell anyone because at my old school I told some kids, and they literally wouldn't stop bothering me about it. I've learned my lesson: Kids are pricks.

Years
  • I told my friends and they keep telling me that's it silly and stupid ><
    I don't really care cuz I think what they do it stupid xD
    but I don't hate them for that ^^ .. that's their opinion ^^

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Only my two best friends. And they think it's just Mystery Dungeon. They have no clue I play all the others. I remember Pokemon used to be the coolest thing in Elementary. Now it's "Ewww. Nerd! You play pokemon?"

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Only a few of my friends play Pokémon; however, only one of them actually knows how to do it. Still, he's always asking me which level a Pokémon evolves and where to catch it, blah, blah, blah. And then he complains that I act like a know-it-all when it comes to Pokémon. =(

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    Only some of my friends know.. Not all do though because they think its dumb, and idiotic because they think they'res no purpose, But I begg to differ, lol, I still like to play it no matter what they say,, woot wosh lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    My friends know, and actually a lot of people know I play Pokemon. They don't care, and actually, my two friends and I are doing a Pokemon themed Regatta boat this year ^^. They don't play/aren't into it, but they think it'll be fun. There really isn't that much discrimination towards those people still playing, and I know quite a few people who still play.
    In high school, it's tough cuz people are like "Ewwww nerd" and I'm like "Woooww get a life, don't diss me you butt munch" lol. And my friends stand up for me so, hey, I don't care who knows I play, but to answer the original question, yes my friends know I play.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • All my friends like Pokemon so yes they know I play it because I play it with them in link battles all the time. Some of my non friends in middle school know too. A couple of people have called me a Pokemon expert I'm proud of it =D.

Back