• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you play pokemon?

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
  • I'm pretty open about playing Pokémon, even though I'm 20 in just two weeks xD though I guess as an "adult" and my friends at work being a bit older than me, they don't really question me or pick on me (seriously, at least) for it. Some of them think it's kind of cool that I "own up" to it.

Few of my local friends still play it, but we do get together occasionally.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    yes i do tell thati play pokemon but only my friends haha i dont go around shouting out i play pokemon cause all of my other friends would think im weird hehehh.... but i do play pokemon with my friends sometimes but not really a lot anymore

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Everyone who knows me know that I adore Pokémon. They don't care, because most of the school is my friends, but they do tease me a lot about it, but I don't care.

What more of teasing can they do? :3

It's actually funny, most of the times, especially when I told them about Ditto.....

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • I love pokemon to death but if anyone ever found out that I liked Pokemon.... *Shudders* Only my very best friend knows I do, and he doesn't even care.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
  • I'd like to note that Pokemon is not a game designed for five-year-olds. The card game is a little basic, especially when you've played Magic: The Gathering, but I'd say it's geared more toward early tweens and teens. The anime is definitely a children's show. That's geared toward those individuals at about the age of ten. And the video games? Well, ones like Diamond/Pearl are actaully complex in nature once you get into EV training and all sorts of the other subtle nuances in the games.

That being said.

I don't worry about what people think of me. So, I really don't care if people know I play Pokemon. I collect the cards, and people will often tell me if they've seen one they think I'd like. I just bought a ton of them off my ex-boyfriend's current roommate. I play the games just about everywhere I go, and I don't turn the volume all the way down, so there's hardly ever any mistaking that midi-file music. My car's cd player currently has a mix of the 2.B.A Master disk, the First Movie Soundtrack, and some other random Pokemon songs I've found here and there. I blare that wherever I drive. I'm also currently designing a tabletop roleplay game based around Pokemon, so I'm almost always involved in something Pokemon related.

The awesome thing about my friends is that they're all just as nerdy as me. Only a couple play the card games, and most are sort of disillusioned with the current anime and video games, but the fact is that all of my friends have something super-crazy-nerdy about themselves, and we all accept that about each other.

Years
  • The only person that knows I play Pokemon is my closest friend...everyone else always makes fun of it and says it's gay or something at my school. :\

Years
  • I don't keep it a secret, openly playing on the school bus, but I'm the only person who plays it. I am doggedly trying to get my friends to play it, but none of them get it...

Why do you think I got both Blue AND Red. It's hard to trade when you're the only person there...

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • What friends?. No, my friends do not know I still play. I don't go out of my way to keep it a secret, it's just not the sort of thing that comes up in conversations really.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Some know, but I try my best to hide it from most lol. My closest friend plays as well, but my other good buddies rag on me about it but I don't mind. I don't tell any school friends, I'd feel kind of weird doing so. Thats why I am glad I found this place recently.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Well I don't really know. I mean, they used to because we'll all obsessed with it and then most of my friends stop likeing it. So I don't even know any more...Well, at least one of them I know play Pokémon with me, but he's starting to grow out of it...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    All my old friends (Most of which, are still fans of the series) know, but nowadays I keep it a secret to everyone who did not know me in elementary school; since, being in Middle school-and going to high school next year-I have a reputation to keep, and admitting to liking a series most kids my age deem as for little kids isn't going to help...at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Yes they do :3 But it's quite embarrassing because i'm the only girl in class who does..

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Well, basicly everybody knows I love to play the games o_O It's humiliating a bit but nobody really cares so it's all good. I have about 2 friends who still play :)

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Ehh, sorta. If they asked I'd tell them, but I don't outwardly tell them, nor do I or would I play it at school. There was a time at my first primary school where all the cool people played Pokemon, and needless to say I was quite popular xD. But then I left and went to a more rough, focus-on-fashion-and-sport school after that, and yeah, only the 3 inch thick have-no-friends-sit-in-corner kids ever played it... So I kept it secret then...
    In high school I maintain a decent reputation, and looking at the people who do play Pokemon at school, I can sorta see why you'd wanna keep it a secret xD;
    So yeah. Off to chain s'more :B

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Not really. I mean two years ago, my one friend got into Leaf Green and when we were on the bus, everyone new he was playing. He got stuck on something and I gave him advice on how to get all the way through the elite 4. So only a few people know that I did play Pokemon, but the only person who actually knows that I still play is my little brother.

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Some of my friends do know, but some don't. Though, anyone who disses my pokemon games gets a beating, lol. But some of my friends still play, not much, so its all good, lol.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • A couple of friends know, and don't care at all. There are a couple who'd rather not tell. I know they'd try and embarrass me every chance they got. Just for their own amusement. ;D

Back