• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you play pokemon?

Brownies

bye PC :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    Well some of my friends know, but some don't I just can't tell them right because they just think that I'm childish and never grow up.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    My girlfriend knows, but I keep it a secret from everyone else. But I like keeping it a secret, its like my own private little world that I can escape to!

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    No one I hang out with really cares, but then again ive never really gone out off my way to say im a pokemon fan. But I have brought my gameboy/DS with blue/diamond before, along with my best friend hes my only friend that still plays.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I don't go out of my way to tell everyone, but I don't mind if they find out. Most of them are aware, even if they don't play.

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I already told them that I played but they never listened to it...I think only one of my friends knows that I play pokemon.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Who lafs at you now 100% played it in the past.
    lets all admit it. everyone in your school battled each other, wasted 500 hours and more 100 hours to battle. now they grow up and think it sucks why? cuz they fail big time. we all saw everyone with the gameboy color.. now all they do is mast**bate and see good-looking girls and probably laf and say "man, you'd better quit playing and get a girlfriend!" shut the freakin' hell up. i got my own interest, that im not horny like you and have better things to do in my life other than all shitty stuff you do like smoke and other..
    and to think girls in my school pretty like those retards.. well girls on my school suck too, only a few nice ones that will not laf and even then they don't bother too much with me anyway (like i said, girls in my school sucks!)

bottom line : Pokemon owns!

Years
    I think most of my friends are aware, but it's not something we ever talk about. I know my cousin used to play sometimes, but none of my friends are into the games.

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    They don't really know that I play pokemon, I can't tell them straight because they never listened.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Damn Straight they do! XD
    A lot of people play Pokemon at my school, the elementary students, however, aren't that into it, they look at all of us high-schoolers and are like. "WTF?!"

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I'm not a big Pokemon fan, in fact outside of the games I think it's pretty stupid. I used to love it back in 5th grade, but that was nearly 10 years ago...

My friends do know. They were with me when I bought Diamond. They don't care, and said they'd do the same if they had a DS because it's like the best game on the DS lol.

It's true too... For the main Pokemon portable games, you can always count on getting a lot of fun out of them. There is no shame in playing Pokemon games. It's just another kind of RPG.. Most people won't care.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    They do indeed. Matter of fact, I just went on a small TDY to Hawaii this past weekend and I was playing Pokemon on the jet ride up and admitted it when a friend asked me what I was playing. There is no shame in Pokemon people! Play what you like, and like what you play.

Gavin<3

Years
    Nah, some do, but most don't. I like to keep it to myself, since I'm not just playing them for the gaming part; I like the phenomena of Pokémon as well ^^;

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
    Lol funny question. Our entire gaming club here at my college is now/has played Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    Are you kidding me? In my school, I wouldn't be caught dead talking about Pokemon. In high school, popularity is a huge thing and if anyone knew I played Pokemon, I would never hear the end of it. I have an alright reputation, and there's no way I would risk losing it by talking about Pokemon. Being made fun of isn't fun and I try my best to avoid it as best as possible.

Last edited:

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Are you kidding me? In my school, I wouldn't be caught dead talking about Pokemon. In high school, popularity is a huge thing and if anyone knew I played Pokemon, I would never hear the end of it. I do have a decent reputation, and there's no way I would risk losing it by talking about Pokemon. As I'm sure most people know here, being made fun of isn't fun and I try my best to avoid it as best as possible.
    What? I'm in grade 12, people know I play Pokemon, and don't care. The only kid who makes fun of me for it is some fat kid that no one likes anyways.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    I was abit embarrassed when I was playing Diamond & Pearl around my old group of friends.

The peeps i kick it with now though, all of them know that I play and battle competitively. Im trying to get them into it too now, but I can't explain all EVs, Natures, Movesets, IVs. but hey its a start.

If anyone has something bad to say, then to hell with them. Who are they to judge what I want to do.

"I got no shame in my game"

Back