• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Your Work or Don't Do It At All.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • how are you gonna learn to do something if you're afraid you're gonna do it wrong and then decide to just not do it in the first place? that's a Weird way of living. sometimes you just have to try things even though you know you're not gonna be great / "successful" the first time.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I screwed things up big time here. (Archer do you even spell??)

Aren't you from South America? Your english seems fluent to me.

"If you're going to do your job wrong, then don't do it."

What I meant with that is: If you have a work to do, and you're not doing it properly. Then don't do it. Sorry.

There's always room for improvement. There's a difference between doing a job wrong due to mistakes and being incompetent for the job. You generally learn from mistakes, meaning eventually you could potentially start doing the job the proper way. If you're incompetent to the job you obviously wont be able to do it properly, or you'll have a very difficult time learning it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "work"? Do you mean work as in job to make money and if you keep making mistakes and don't improve your performance you get fired; or anything that involves work, regardless if you're making money or not? Like say, yard work, vacuuming, etc..

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Yeah, but sometimes I rush things a bit and I make spelling mistakes, Hahaha.

Everyone makes spelling mistakes, don't stress it. A majority of the people who correct you (even tho you knew how to spell it, they could read it properly and could comprehend what you were saying, and that it was a simple typo) are grammar Nazis. Most grammar Nazis do this to show their intelligence is beyond yours, (at least they think) but that's not the case. Just ignore them, especially if English isn't your "strong language". I'm not sure what language you speak in your country. For words you don't know how to spell, there's always grammar check.

What do I mean with "work"?. Something like a task, or responsability.

If I keep failing at the task, I change my approach to it and focus on a different way to get it done properly. Some tasks require a lot of patience and or forces you to think outside the box. Very seldom do I give up on a task, as I said there's always room for improvement.

Yukari

Imo learning from your mistakes is very important. But if I can't do something then I'll just let someone else do it.

Lucid

I don't work. That's it. No joke. But I know when I did I messed up a lot.

Years
  • If I don't do it properly, I will surely let people do it. But I learn from my mistakes :D

Years
  • If I know I can't do it, I will let someone else do it.

If I know that I can, then I will try. Hands-on experience is by far the best way for me to learn something, and if I have to make mistakes to be able to get it right then so be it. And I would rather be able to try to fix my mistakes first to learn what I did wrong.

(Although if I make too many mistakes, then obviously I'm not quite getting it at which point I will still gladly hand it off to someone else! And then hopefully be able to watch them so I'll know what to do next time.)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i learn from my mistakes, but im very hard on myself. i try to make things perfect and done on time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    To me that saying means if you're going to work do it all the way and don't half ass it. Nothing worse than having to pick up the pieces for those who wanna half ass around it. I'd rather just do it all myself.

I usually ask for help. I typically don't even start something unless I know how to do it for sure. Mistakes happen to everyone, never be ashamed to ask!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I work for one day, and then I make some minor adjustments the other day. They take less than an hour to finish, which is why I always hesitate on working on them early. Sometimes I don't learn from my mistake and try to rush it out, because it hasn't failed me before in my previous semesters.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I'm the same; when I do my work, I do it to the best of my ability. Of course, that means that I don't like to do my work often. :P If I did everything half-heartedly, work would probably be a lot faster and easier, but as much as I sometimes want to, my perfectionist impulses get the best of me.

I've made enough mistakes to realize that sometimes you need to let other people go ahead and do it, if you know for a fact you can't. You can't do everything alone. Also, learning from your mistakes is a vital skill; without it, you'd never change or improve. It goes without saying it's imperative to know how to adapt, and learn from both your mistakes and those of others.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • If I'm going to do something, it's worth doing right.

Maybe that's why I'm so competitive, but if I set my mind to do anything, I have to do the absolute best I can. I hate messing up, but I'm not afraid to admit when I do, and to do what's necessary to fix it. I do learn from mistakes quickly, since making the same one a second time really irritates me, but because of that, I don't forgive myself that easily. Even if it's a small mistake, I'll replay the scenario in my head over and over again, reminding myself not to do it again in the future.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Yeah that saying sounds real cute and philosophical and jazz but it's not one I embrace with any sincerity. What's done "right" is kinda vague and subjective. When I clean my room, I don't fold the clothes or vacuum -- I do it the way I like it done. If I'm working for someone else, I'm going to do it the way they like it done. The work I put into my tasks are what's appropriate for them.

Back