• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

doctor who-what do you think of the new doctor

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    So far, I love his voice. Were it possible, I would marry his voice.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I haven't seen enough of him to formulate a real opinion but it's going to be awfully hard to fill the shoes left by Tennant...

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Very hard to judge him from about a minute of acting and dialogue penned by the outgoing writer, but I've loved Matt Smith since I saw him in Ruby in the Smoke, and if Steven Moffat has faith in him then so do I. :3

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Very hard to judge him from about a minute of acting and dialogue penned by the outgoing writer, but I've loved Matt Smith since I saw him in Ruby in the Smoke, and if Steven Moffat has faith in him then so do I. :3
    Actually, Steven Moffat wrote that part. RTD wrote up to Ten regenerating then handed the script off to Moffat. But yeah, it's hard to judge based on that bit. But my faith is absolute that Mr. Smith will be an excellent Doctor. Yeah, it'll be hard to follow an extremely popular, iconic Doctor- but hey, Peter Davison did it, so why can't the new guy?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I'll Watch The first Eppisode. See What I Think....But I'm Sort Of Sure That He's Not Gonna Be As Good }As David Who Was A Legend In The making. But he Just looks/sounds too geeky.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think he's alright.
    I don't see why people are having a go at him for being too young.
    He should be a great Doctor methinks =3

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Actually, Steven Moffat wrote that part. RTD wrote up to Ten regenerating then handed the script off to Moffat. But yeah, it's hard to judge based on that bit. But my faith is absolute that Mr. Smith will be an excellent Doctor. Yeah, it'll be hard to follow an extremely popular, iconic Doctor- but hey, Peter Davison did it, so why can't the new guy?

I absolutely did not know that. Thanks for correcting me =) And also win for mentioning Peter Davison. Five was a great Doctor. :]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hes seems realy funny! But i will still miss the old doctor :)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I absolutely did not know that. Thanks for correcting me =) And also win for mentioning Peter Davison. Five was a great Doctor. :]
    You're welcome, of course! I absolutely love Peter Davison- one of my biggest regrets is living in the wrong country to have been able to see him in Spamalot. My parents also enjoyed The Last Detective, as did I... but back to Doctor Who- as the Doctor, he's my third favorite, after Tennant and Tom Baker (everyone else gets equal love). I watched Black Orchid, and while it's not a great story, it worked pretty well for Five- I don't think it would have fit any other Doctor. I'm also awaiting the chance to buy Caves of Androzani on DVD, I really want to see that...

But as to Matt Smith, I'm feeling more and more confident about him every day. I finally got my hands on Doctor Who Magazine 416, and according to John Simm, Mr. Smith is enthusiastic about the idea of squaring off with the Master, which I would love to see. Also, I've heard suggestions that Eleven may be a wiser, older Doctor whose younger body makes it hard for people to take him seriously. I think it'd be great if they played up his apparent youth in contrast to his real age.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Matt Smith is totally going to be like Peter Davison.

Coming in after a really popular Doctor, being chastised for being young but ending up loved as much as the one before. Almost.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    According to this interview, Paterson Joseph could have been the Doctor.

BE: You mentioned "Doctor Who" a minute ago. How much truth was there to the rumor that you were under consideration to play the Doctor?
    PJ: (Hesitates for a very long time) Uh…a lot.

That would have been awesome!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    So, uh... new trailer's up, in case you haven't heard. Anyone who's seen it got an opinion? I love it, of course. Eleven and Amy look like they're going to be a good pair.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • On first glance, I hated Matt Smith. As soon as I saw the press release video of him talking about the role, I just found him very bland and slightly awkward. But I think in my early judgment, I forgot a fundamental factor. He's an actor - he's going to be different on screen, he'll portray it differently. Also, the fact alone that he wasn't David filled me with seething hatred. We're all accustomed to him and the thoughts of an 'intruder' seems just simply wrong. But, as I've watched more and more snippets (the 2 trailers on the bbc website for instance) he really has grown on me. What I do like is that he's definatly not trying to fill David's shoes. He's avoiding that all together, in fact the whole series is, it's something fresh and new... it's rejuvenating. I really like the time vortex, it seems rich and flowing and sort of... expensive looking. The music is also something I instantly fell in love with... And not to mention Karen Gillan ;)

But, yeah, in all, he's grown on me. I'm looking at it as something different... And boy am I looking forward to it.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    David was the best Doctor, ever, no one will ever be as good or as funny as he was, and when I first saw Matt I said no, he is NOT the Doctor, but after seeing the trailer and remembering that the new lead writer is responsible for some of David's best episodes, as well as the creepy Angels episode, I do have high hopes for the next series, and for Matt.

Back