• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does a playthrough Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum irritate or refresh you?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • It's rather refreshing. The storyline is fairly long, with all those legendary Pokemon you can catch and all those events happening. But I would rather play it like; one every 3-4 months.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

i couldnt play through it again if i tried......

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Its an alright game to go through again, only Platinum though due to its E4 not having stupid teams e.g. Flint. It also has decent monotype potential. Though im not a huge fan of 4th Gen, some pokemon appeal.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I found each replay of Diamond rather refreshing at first, but I got annoyed by the slowness of it after a while..

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • DP irritate me with all the slowness but I can handle Platinum. Also I love replaying HGSS and FRLG. I tried RSE but I haven't played them in awhile.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I absolutely can't play through my Diamond version again. It's slow and boring. I enjoy playing through RSE games and even the occasional FRLG playthrough, but not DP. I can play through Platinum, however, every couple of months. It's much better than DP.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • To be honest, as of late I've had the feeling of restarting over in Platinum. I just need to trade over my important Pokémon from there into Diamond. Every time I restart I always try and switch up my team so it isn't always the same for me throughout each playthrough. So, I wouldn't say that I get irritated as much as I would refreshed.

With SoulSilver, it's a little bit different. I'm hesitant about restarting it over as much as I would like to. The storyline is great, and I always believed Johto introduced some of the best Pokémon, but the grinding and the low levels you meet up with throughout the game, even when you get so far, can sometimes be a little bit overbearing to deal with. I might restart on this game eventually, but I'm more up to restarting Platinum than I am with SoulSilver.

Thinking back, I did restart my SoulSilver months ago, but I don't think I've even passed through the eighth gym yet, because I've had the game just sitting there.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I hate DPPt games, they suck. But hgss are pretty good

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Playing through DPPt again can get a little boring for me, as there's not really a lot to do, but playing through HGSS again isn't boring at all - there's so much to do! I don't really touch my copy of Platinum now, but I do use HG often.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • DPPt refreshes me, although the slowness sometimes irritates me. Other than that, replaying games refresh me, mostly because I often like to return to my older games after a while and remember the memories I had in that game. :)

Years
  • i actually like to keep my pokemon games and replay them all the way through. there's so many different strategies and pokemon to catch that you can't possibly meet them all on the first try! pokemon games have always been different in that aspect, for me anyway, that you could beat the game and then start all over and it wouldn't be irritating. xbox 360 games on the other hand get old after awhile. the problem with those is the fact that once you realize you don't need the games anymore because you won't play them, the game store usually won't let you sell them back because they're so out of date. pokemon never dies!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I could never play through that game again, tbh. :x I was irritated enough the first time through, another time through would just be....ughh.

Yeah i know same here.....just want to get to the end and start training for real.

epic_darkness

Lovin' the darkness
    Years
  • I loooooooooove DPPt! Sinnoh is somewhat nostalgic to me, as I am only 13 and I started playing the games with Diamond... I restarted Platinum and I'm lovin' it! XD LeafGreen and Sapphire I've never finished but restarted both XD I think I should finish them. :) But yeahh I could totally replay them! And I don't like Black and White very much at all... It's boring and I don't really like the Pokemon in the game that much.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Honestly, since I didn't play much around the time D/P was out, I played one runthrough of Plat, and then remembered my friend found a second copy of the game, with no data on it, so I have been playing through it. I enjoy it alot because some of my favorite mons are from gen IV such as Electivire.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Usually I have no problem replaying (if I get the pokemon out b4 restarting... platinum is still on its first playthrough cuz I just have too many pokes i want to keep), but sometimes it can get annoying... like in SS, my pokemon were underleveld for the E4 so in the end I restarted cuz i didnt want to grind.

Years
  • I find it refreshing playing Diamond and Platinum again although the map can be a bit bland but I find the gen IV pokemon cool enough to out balance the blandness.

Years
  • I'm generally not much for restarting any of my games, Pokemon or otherwise. I mean, back in the day I restarted Crystal quite a few times, but that was because I was an inexperienced kid who didn't know where to go. I've also restarted LeafGreen a couple times, but that's it. It was very refreshing, though. I don't know that any region is more restart-worthy than any other, but I think one would enjoy it more if they had owned the game for years already and then restarted it, rather than just getting to the Elite Four in a few days, beating them, restarting, and repeating.

Back