• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Does Any One Miss Pokemon Yellow

Years
  • I wasn't born yet when Pokemon R/B/G was released.
    Well but i did like Yellow, and i traded a lots of Pokemon back then.
    The Color kinda sucks, all yellow, and hurts my eyes.
    But, it was a good game with a little story change.

Pikachu used to be my favorite back then, when i got to the age of 3.
    Heh, i really witnessed the change of Pokemon...
    And i was Playing Yellow while watching the anime.

Years
  • Of course I miss it. It was my first ever video game, and after 10 years of gaming, I can still say it is my favourite. It had all the charm and fun of a Pokemon game, and even though adding that Pikachu may not seem like a big thing, back then, at least for me, it was what made me love the game so much more.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    I still have my copy, but I haven't played it for a while now. I liked how the game was (and is) different to the others at the start, and I actually enjoy looking at the graphics. I'd already played Red and Blue before I got it, but Yellow still seemed a lot more fun to me, and more of a challenge. I wish they'd made a remake of it - it would have been my favourite game.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • I think the selling point for me was the sprite design. Obviously more kids grew up with the television show than the actual games, and it sort of has a mixed nostalgia playing the game with the anime inspired spriting.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I never really liked Yellow all that much. I hated having to have Pikachu as my starting Pokemon because he was really hard to beat Brock with. I'd rather get Bulbasaur or Squirtle and then catch a Pikachu in the forest honestly, which is why I like Red/Blue better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    I admit, Yellow is the game I've revisited the least. It WAS cool being able to have Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander, but that was when I was a kid and still a fan of the anime.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I'd say I miss it, but I still have it. And although I have all of the orignal games Yellow and Crystal have a special place in my heart. I would never, EVER give them away.

Years
  • Yellow was the first Kanto-based game I ever owned, although I had played through much of my cousin's Blue before that. I would agree that I miss Yellow, but I still own it and play it sometimes, haha.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I do miss Yellow, mainly because it was my very first Pokemon game and I don't have it anymore. I gave it to my friend's little brother years ago because he convinced me that he deserved it after giving me his Gold version. Blahhhhhh. I am a softie.

I loved having Pikachu as my starter, though, and I thought it was really cute how it followed you around. I also liked being able to get Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur as well fairly early on in the game. I would love to play it again just for nostalgic purposes.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I really miss this game. It was the first Pokemon Game that I played. Unfortunately it wasn't the first Gameboy Game that I had played like I had hoped. Don't see why my parents thought I would like Harvest Moon for the Gameboy Color(Even though I did...). I ending up playing my Big Brother's Pokemon Yellow not long after I got my Gameboy. I also did this with his pokemon Silver as well. I was a little more extreme with that one however since I completely took over his save file.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I miss Pokemon Yellow, 'coz when this game was released we were juste discovering the magic Pokemon world, it was fantastic to play with it. We didn't really know all the Pokemon, so each battle was great just to see a new creature. Now this is not the same thing...
    Each time I play to this game, I'm full of memories, good memories.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i got pokemon yellow when i got my gameboy so it was my first pokemon game as well as my first game boy game, so for that reason its always had fond memories for me, that and i just love pikachu

Years
  • Wow, a lot of people here seem to have had Yellow as their first Pokemon game. Maybe this goes to show how many people get into the games via the anime, or maybe just the fact that I'm a little younger/newer to Pokemon by comparison.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    i remember my cousin said that if i got 6 pokemon over level 50, taught them all strength and went to the mew truck, u could push it and a mew will pop out. i tried, no mew, i was upset. lol, good times.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I do miss Pokemon Yellow because it was such a fantastic concept and a great way to shake up the original games. However as much as I miss it, I can't bring myself to play it again with those graphics and stuff. Once I see the better stuff there is just no turning back. This is why they need to remake the game.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • My first game was Pokemon Yellow! I remember I played it the first day and i didn't sleep the whole night because I was stuck in Mt.Moon. By the time I got out, Pikachu was lvl 35 and it was 6:00pm. I went to school that day and slept during all my classes. I had a dream about how Pikachu used thunderbolt on team rocket. My parents made me destroy the game because they thought I was crazy for playing the game so much. :(

Back