• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Does Any One Miss Pokemon Yellow

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
  • Best colour out of Y/R/B IMO. I loved the way you get all the starters and can follow Ashes story line. I just hope they remake it.

Zu Mad?

This is my cave now.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2015
    I still got it!;) It was the first Pokemon game I got and I thought Pikachu following you was cute. Getting all three starters was awsome too.

tman9446

Sabers Suck
    Years
  • I remember those days
    It makes me sad that the new kids being introduced to pokemon won't have games like this to play
    I heard that they are remaking it along with ruby and sapphire
    I hope they do

Years
  • I'm playing Pokemon Yellow right now.

It feels like a fan romhack to make Red/Blue more like the anime show.

Not sure I like it.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow was the first game I ever waited in line for!! I saved and saved and saved, and on October 1st, '99, I was 12 and my mom took me to the mall and paid for 1/2 the cost of Pokemon Yellow and a brand new Yellow GameBoy Color! I was soooo excited!

I even got to attend a Nintendo Event with it and got a Mew! I missed the one to get Surfing Pikachu though, and there was no way I'd ever complete Stadium to get it, so I totally cheated and used my Game Genie :D

I just downloaded the MeBoy version onto my cell phone and I'm playing it all over again ^_^

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Honestly, I've never minded graphics. It gets to a point for me where it's too good. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

Never played Yellow myself, but sounds fun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    i missed e yellow version

iam looking for e yellow version cartridge

any1 kw where i can get it ? or any1 selling 1 ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Not really. The only thing I thought was cool was the surfing Pikachu. But then I went back to Blue.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    I missed the actual cartridge so I found other methods of fueling my addictions. lol I miss playing on the first gameboy the giant battery eating contrast changer. Going through Rock Tunnel was easy without Flash just turn the contrast all the way up and stick to the walls lol funn.

MotherPunker970

Volcano Bakemeat FTW!
    Years
  • kinda,but not really.sure,it was nice seeing how red got all his gsc pokemon,and it was very useful to trade from ylw to gsc/rbg,but i dont really miss it that much...

Years
  • Looking back, I kinda hate Yellow. It was just a ploy to cash in the success of the anime. Instead of making the games more like the show they should have made the show closer to the games. Can you imagine if they went back and changed Zelda to make it closer to that show? What if they made a "Special Alice Edition" of Resident Evil 5? No, people would hate that, just as I hate Yellow.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I liked Yellow and I do miss playing it on my GBA SP several years ago, it was the first Pokemon game I've ever played and its what got me into it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Yellow was the first GB game I ever played. I got it at 10 (Was very poor back then. I saved up money to buy a GBC and random game at gamestop.)

But as for the starters... I never used them lol. I completely skipped Charmander, and I put Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the pc since they were weak compared to my team.

Please don't laugh... But... my first level 100 on Yellow was a Clefable. (I mispelled this I know)

I'm not sure what happened to it though. I think I traded it to a friend of mine for blue, $3, and a coke but eh, can't remember.

Back