• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anybody else agree?

^SuitUp^

Awesome Soon to be Spriter
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    The original pokemon theme song was the best. The newer ones are way worse.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Agreed. The original song had so much meaning. "I want to be there very best" "to understand the power that's inside" "Pokemon! it's you and me (duh duh duh) I know it's my destiny, ohh you're my best friend in a world we must defend!"

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I loved the old Pokemon theme. Plus everyone in the world knows the words even if they're not a fan of Pokemon which makes it even better!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • We SO dont need this kind of thread.

I DONT agree. Let me just advertise this little blog.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=11007

Really take off the nostalgia goggles. Your only saying this cause you grew up with it, or maybe you really do prefer it over the rest.

All of the theme songs have meaning. While the newer ones are more about friendship, and yeah. True it may be more childish. But hey its a childes show. You grew out of it, no big deal.

And yeah most people know the 1st b.c they grew up with it. Newer fans may not even know about the original series.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Really take off the nostalgia goggles. Your only saying this cause you grew up with it, or maybe you really do prefer it over the rest.
    Uh... hostile, much? So what if the OP likes Season 1's theme best? What gives you the right to be so hostile about it? All the OP is asking is if we agree. This is a thread of opinions, and there is no need to say that there is no need for it. Do we actually need any of these threads? No. But it's fun to discuss. Don't just lash out.

And anyway, it's a theme song. It's not like the OP is saying "Gen 1 ruelz evryting els suks".

Anyway. I quite like the original theme, but I actually prefer the ones for seasons 6, 7, and 8 to it.

Years

Travis, dear, it's not always that way. It is pretty much possible that people may like the older themes songs or the Anime without taking into consideration the nostalgia factor. Different people, different opinions. They will provide reasons for their preferences. ^__^

I too like the the Original theme song; to me, it was much more meaningful and represented the theme of Pokemon adventures pretty well.

And yeah most people know the 1st b.c they grew up with it. Newer fans may not even know about the original series.
    You may not beleive it, but when BW began to be aired, I forced asked some of my friends to watch it, who had never watched the Anime but only played the games, that too starting off with R/S/E. They liked it and then watched the Original series on their own as well, and told me that it was quite good and better in some aspects too.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I don't really believe it was the "best", but everyone has their own opinion of what's good or not. I think the 1st opening theme for Pokemon was awesome, but there are some other ones in that anime I also like.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Hmm, not really. I have to admit, it was one of the best, but not the best !! There were a few better like the orange island theme !!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Hmm well I love the Original one as well, but I also enjoyed Diamond and Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors.

I really dislike the black and white one though :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I am completely torn between the first theme song and the original Johto theme song. They were both epic.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    In my opinion, while I don't like all of the editing that 4Kids did to the series, they always made some really catchy theme songs. Though, I don't at all think the original was the best, that one seemed to be them getting used to it, while the others that followed improved. I really liked all of their themes that they made, and dub-wise, really only started disliking the intros when PUSA got a hold of the series.

I remember the horror that was the dub Battle Frontier theme.. xD;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The best themes are only the Japanese ones. All the English themes are united as one for fail in the mainstream.

/thread, everyone.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The very first opening was good but I did enjoy the Hoenn opening theme songs. The D/P and up aren't the best in my opinion so that's D/P and BW but some of the Johto songs are also good.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The best themes are only the Japanese ones. All the English themes are united as one for fail in the mainstream.

/thread, everyone.

Came here to say something along these lines. Japanese versions are better than the English ones, anyway.

Back