• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anybody know why the Emerald chapter was never finished?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    Apparently, about a year ago, they stopped the Emerald chapter and just went right into Dimond and Pearl. However, they couldn't publish the chapter because they never finished Emerald. So, does anybody know the reason they stopped Emerald? Also, they stopped Dimond and Pearl to wait for Platinum to come out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Apparently, about a year ago, they stopped the Emerald chapter and just went right into Dimond and Pearl. However, they couldn't publish the chapter because they never finished Emerald. So, does anybody know the reason they stopped Emerald? Also, they stopped Dimond and Pearl to wait for Platinum to come out.

Well its the hard awaited ending. You see if a new saga begins the natural tendency for fans is to be bored at first so they release DP. But emerald was different. Ever since they got turned to stone fans have been very exited as to what turns up, emerald was like a sequel to FRLG because the characters in FRLG were like transfered to another saga to join up with the other 5. Besides its a pokedex holder reunion with all 10 of them in one place so it really does not happen often. Plus that event was supposedly for the 10th aniversary they just wanted to keep the fans in anticipation.

Also guys I'm wondering I am aware that while FRLG was on Coro Coro emerald was also being made on the other grades of the magazine. So that means in the emerald coro coro scans they skipped the few scans of showing the dex holders as statues to avoid spoilers right? Because I heard that when the volumes are serialized they have some scans coro coro did not put on.

Finally guys I heard from serebii that Volume 29 is to be serialized on november has this been confirmed? They said that
    From the publisher themselfs in the faq version of the forums

We're actually scheduling it for a november release, but we might try for a slightly earlier release if we can help it. Japanese volume wise it's already on the shelves, that much is true.

Anyone can confirm this?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Just because the Author of Pokemon Special sucks... He won't release a new volume and makes people getting bored...

Emerald saga seems boring now, people don't care about the saga, cause they're 3 years after emerald was released.

and D/P came out last year.

So that's y.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Speak for yourselves. I seriously want to know what happens. But, they've done this before, cut off one arc, and then go to another, and then go back to that last one and merge them.

We'll get some resolution eventually, I'm sure.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Speak for yourselves. I seriously want to know what happens. But, they've done this before, cut off one arc, and then go to another, and then go back to that last one and merge them.

I'm with him. As long as the 5 dex holders are back, and with a reunion... I'm cool with that, and hopefully they'll meet all the dex holders from d/p also.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years

Same here, I know that the authors have done that before.
    I want to know what happens though........

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years

Really? They've done that before? I'm guessing that was the transition between Yellow and GSC.

I can't wait for the next volumes either. The suspense...

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Iv'e got a feeling that they're going to make the ending for emerald worth the wait. But still, I wish it could be finished quicker.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    Well at lease there's a chance to make the 5 Pokedexs Holders back to life. And maybe rebuild Battle Frontier in Sinnoh. Just maybe. But I hate they jump off the saga... That's too boring. I hope the author won't be like Nomura...

Eagledawn

Sapphire
    Years
    They'll be an end, eventually. They can't just leave all the holders as stone statues, of course! I don't understand why they halted the Emerald chapter for the D/P arch, because they didn't halt R/S for Emerald. Anyway, good things come to people who wait. I assume that this is true here.

Back