• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Anyone Actually Treat Their Pokémon "Badly?"

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • So, there's the move Frustration, the bitter items, various actions in Heart Gold/ Soul Silver version, and using Pokémon as switch-in fodder. As one can see, there are plenty of opportunities to treat a Pokémon like garbage and make it resent you in the worst way possible, but has anyone intentionally made an attempt to make a Pokémon strongly dislike, dare I say, hate them? I've never had the heart to, though there are some cases where I certainly could have...

*Glares at Roselia for KOing two of his pokes before capture*

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Sadly, once I tried to see if I could get my Totodile's Happiness as low as possible to recreate my Fanfiction "Sincerely, Totodile".

I had saved and then took Totodile to the Olivine Resturaunt. There I let it steal food and get sick. Then I took it to the Charcoal Kiln house, which Water Pokemon do NOT like. Then I tried to release it but it came back due to it's HM. In the end I turned the game off and it never "Really" happened.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    No, I could never do that. I love my Pokemon!!!

I'm very good to my Pokemon, probably better than anyone else does. Everyone always discards and abandons their Pokemon for a "better" one with a "better nature" or "better ability" just like Paul in the anime. Well, I love my Pokemon and I'd never do that to them in real life so why should I do that in the game.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • No I don't do that.
    I adores HGSS for this reason too, I can interact with them and I love seeing them being happy and what not, heys, it makes me goes all aww.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    the most i do is fodder to cure my more important ones lol. frustration really is a waste... i dont even like using Herbs!

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • does letting your pokemon attack head on with no strategy and not using any healing items to help them count as Pokemon Abuse? but seriously does the word HM SLAVE and does this guy in my avatar mean anything to you?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    No I have never really tried. I just never thought about it. Most I thought it could do was improve the attack power of Frustration and doesn't that only go up to 80? So I never really had a need to.

But I wouldn't feel guilty about abusing a virtual creature that is just a bit of relatively simple game code. It has no actual "life" to be abused.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • And using Ditto for sex isn't treating him bad? xD

It would be better to use the word "mate" or "breed". I am not being offensive, just telling ya.

I actually just catch 6-10 Pokemon in the whole game and use the first six. All my Pokemon are always happy and enjoying. So "return" TM is a good choice for me.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • If you count HM slaves and ditto breeders treating them badly, then I guess I do sometimes.

Although I vo tend to grow attached to my HM slaves and sometimes I even train them when I'm bored.

I don't see how competitively training them is mistreating them, but I do that too.

No I have never really tried. I just never thought about it. Most I thought it could do was improve the attack power of Frustration and doesn't that only go up to 80? So I never really had a need to.

It goes up to 102 actually.

Years
  • I don't see any reason to, keeping them happy is hardly difficult and Return does just as much damage as Frustration.

You'd think certain natures would like "bitter" items anyways, some like bitter berries...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Na.....only thing I do is feed the wrong flavour poffins to Feebas coz it's got the wrong darn nature and I want that 'dex data....

If I get it unhappy, how to I get Togetic and Espeon/Umbreon??

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • Nah. To me Frustration just sounds like a temporary way to compensate for having just caught a Pokemon, which will naturally be somewhat unhappy with you.

Or, sadists.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    It goes up to 102 actually.

Did you mean 102 or 120? (I'm just asking because I haven't seen any other move that wasn't rounded to a 5)

Come to think about it, I have HM slaves and I have switched them out from time to time to take a hit and faint so my team didn't get hit by a strong attack.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • No, I meant 102. I guess it's just because a fomula works it out instead of it being just a set amount of power.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • Hm well, I have quite a few Ditto's that have different natures and they are used for breeding, I tend to switch in Pokémon to spare another and I have a HM slave who often gets used to take hits or so I can heal up another Pokémon.

So I guess I treat Pokémon pretty badly. ^.^

Back