• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone despise Jovi?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well I picked up a copy of XD today and started playing. As of then my most hated Pokemon character was the Notorious Lyra! (or Kotone if you prefer).
    Then I met my "sister" Jovi, with a plusle and minun with stupid nicknames, and munchlax styled hair, here Jovi comes. First of, she's persistant, immature, narcisistic, and annoying. I also hate how she always tags along with you and takes credit for whatever feat you performed. My most hated however is the talking in third person. "Jovi is so smart" "Jovi wants to come!" My head wanted to explode. Do you guys hate Jovi?

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • Eh. I don't hate her; she's a kid, Ace, so you have to cut her some slack for how she acts. Also, I think plenty of us here have named some of our pokemon here something terrible, so you can hardly blame her for that.

Also...I don't see how she has munchlax styled hair; there are two buns of hair on either side of her head. Munchlax, meanwhile, has ears, I think, that stick straight up from the top of its head.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @noka, the way it is shaped other than the blue (balls?) on her hair look like the bottom of munchlax

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • She's annoying to be sure, but I don't outright hate her. Don't know if you're up to this point in the game but

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Jovi doesn't understand why you all hate her.

Jovi's Plusle and Minun don't understant either.

Jovi thinks you're probably just jealous of her. Jovi is so smart like that.

Jovi wants ice cream now. Jovi thinks you are too slow at get ice cream. Jovie demands ice cream - oh look! Jovi is going to walk off now! Jovi is going to make sure you're going to have to come get Jovi from creepy houses! Jovi's smart like that.

------------------

And although that sums her up in a-ways, I don't completely hate her - third person speaking can be amusing at times. =p Then again, looking at Michael... =/

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Zeta doesn't understand why talking in the third person is such a problem. He is confused at this, since he actually does speak in third person irl at times. While Zeta doesn't care about Jovi one way or the other, since she is a kid, and should be allowed a little more slack.

Come on, you know little siblings are annoying. Zeta thinks they did a pretty good job with that. He has been annoyed by her, but he doesn't hate her much. Not much at all. In fact, she kind of reminds Zeta of Cirno, to be honest. At least with how BobandBill wrote her.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • She doesn't really bother me because she isn't really a main character in the game anyway. She's there for like, the beginning. Then she's practically gone after you do a couple of things with her. I kind of forgot about Jovi. I never really noticed her one way or another.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • @Ace: I kinda see what you mean, but...I'm fairly sure people are allowed to have their hair a bit spiky at the bottom like that. Just because the bottom of Munclax's body is a bit spiky doesn't mean everyone with spiky hair got their design from Munchlax.

Anyway...like I said, she is just a kid, so the third-person speaking is feasible, at the least. Also, like others pointed out, she isn't with you the whole game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sydian agrees with AceDragonite because Sydian thinks that Jovi is a pain in the butt character. Sydian would rather have Mr. Verich or Chobin follow him for the entire game than put up with Jovi's crap, even though she's only in the beginning.

She only talks in third person because of Chobin.

The Red Chain

Red does not mind Jovi. Red thinks Jovi is cute. 8D Red talks like Jovi, so Red must be smart 2! <3

Jovi is hilarious and not much of a pest to me. :x
    I kinda like Chobin better though. D;

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Her third person talking always annoyed me, even if her appearances are brief.

Years
  • mrunner4home thinks jovi is a bad idea. he reasons that pokemon is kinda supposed to be aimed at kids, so this third person talk does not help their development at all. jovi is annoying either way, even forgetting that part. mrunner4home thinks that before he lets the captured lugia go (he captured it, right? he hasn't played in a while) he should give it a snack first. mrunner4home needs to go ask lily if she has any salt and pepper to make jovi better

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • I've had xd for a while and only recently got a new memory card to save it on (god that thing is a space hog)

The first hour is jam packed with talking involving most of the lab people, chobin, perr and vandor but after you get to the cypher lair you start getting deep into the story line.

It was annoying for her trying to take credit. but when she tells their mother that you got lost she says "thanks for finding jovi for me" meaning she probably understands that she's fibbing.

Back