• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else get made fun of for playing Pokemon?

Years
    Recently people at my school found out that i played pokemon, i have been playing for most of my life, but when i started doing an LP of pokemon sapphire on youtube some people at my school found out, and started telling everyone that i play pokemon, it doesnt really bother me much though because they are just trying to do it to embarrass me, and i dont really care, but has this happened to anyone else and have has it ever got really serious like getting beaten up or bullied for it?

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    dont worry it all blows over the same thing happend to me but being a star high school middle linebacker and running back people didnt tend to try to start crap because they knew i didnt care one bit of what they thought about me just keep on doing what your doing

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Never got made fun of for it :s Seriously school's are weird this days, kids should play whatever they want >,<

Not that many would make fun of a 6 feet tall 200 pound guy in school... (me)

Never got made fun of for it :s Seriously school's are weird this days, kids should play whatever they want >,<

Not that many would make fun of a 6 feet tall 200 pound guy in school... (me)

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    brefly. Those are the people who are actually immature as they can't look past "That's for babies". TBH it bowled over pretty quick. Most people grew out of bullying about such things and now myself and a few others will openly play pokemon in the middle of our common room during lunch or free periods.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    I used to be made fun of a lot for playing pokemon. Especially in 7th grade. Dont get worried, it'll go away.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    when i openly started to play it in my skills class witch was my do watever i want class i had a few people actually start back playing it to

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    brefly. Those are the people who are actually immature as they can't look past "That's for babies". TBH it bowled over pretty quick. Most people grew out of bullying about such things and now myself and a few others will openly play pokemon in the middle of our common room during lunch or free periods.

Ha ha I played pokemon openly all the time. I'm homeschooled this year, so that hasnt happened in a while. Good times.

when i openly started to play it in my skills class witch was my do watever i want class i had a few people actually start back playing it to

Same here, I got some kids back into pokemon and was making trading deals for pokemon in Gold, silver and crystal with my friends. Still rocking the link cable!

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    People in my school actually like pokemon (those who do get made fun of are the ones that say pokemon is immature), so it's no problem for me. :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I get made fun of, but it's by friends not like real bullies. And I insult them back with sarcastic remarks about their ugly shoes or something, so it balances out.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
    For me, my friends have all played Pokemon before, but they stopped because they found something like CoD or MW2/MW3. Most of my friends are guys because I'm sort of a tomboy. They wonder why I keep playing, but they're okay with it most of the time. One of them gets annoyed when I talk about it too much with him, but that's because when he caught a Seedot, he was yelling in glee, "I got a Seedot!" over and over at his friend's house. His friend was playing CoD with the microphone on so people were throwing insults at him and his friend asked him to shut up. He also couldn't beat a Pokemon game without the help of an AR or something like it because he's not a patient guy. Then my friend got interested in CoD. A few weeks ago, he gave away all his Pokemon games to some other friends.
    When I won the school Geography Bee, I got all the attention I needed. I don't like being in the spotlight, but due to winning the Bee, I don't think people will bother me much if they find out I play Pokemon. Everyone at my school is completely absorbed into CoD and MW3.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
    I played it in class and no one even cared.

Although I did see some guy on the train who started telling people I was playing Pokemon... the funny thing about that was... I wasn't.

I was playing Dragon Quest...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    I was never really bullied because a lot of my friends played it so there was like a massive group of us. High School it took me awhile to admit that I played Pokemon, but it turns out that half my school did as well so it all worked out for me. The only people that bug me about it are some of my older cousins.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    They used to till they took a pencil to the knee.

No Skyrim joke. I actually got so mad I stabbed a classmate in the knee with a pencil.

Years
    :P I'm a fifth form at my school and heaps of people know i play pokemon made me kinda famous haha but yeah i think it actually helped me make friends and stuff but im not really that nerdy except for (pokemon of course) plus girls love guys who play pokemon ;)

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    Yeah, I get made fun of because of that too. But I don't care about it at all. (:

They used to till they took a pencil to the knee.

No Skyrim joke. I actually got so mad I stabbed a classmate in the knee with a pencil.

A pen works better. Trust me, I've tried both.

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
    Years
    be cool man i think everyone on earth likes pokemon lol cause its something that most ppl had during childhood so yeah :3

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    In my school they do laugh at me for playing pokemon..
    but I don't really care, I don't like the people at my school >.>

I have a bunch of friends outside school and they are completely ok with me playing pokemon, some of them even play with me :3
    Oh well.. most of my friends are nerds xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2012
    Recently people at my school found out that i played pokemon, i have been playing for most of my life, but when i started doing an LP of pokemon sapphire on youtube some people at my school found out, and started telling everyone that i play pokemon, it doesnt really bother me much though because they are just trying to do it to embarrass me, and i dont really care, but has this happened to anyone else and have has it ever got really serious like getting beaten up or bullied for it?

I never was made fun of...I mean I'm a 6'2" 214lb Angry Italian lol

But on a serious note don't let it faze you. People who make fun of others for stuff like that mean they have nothing in their lives. We love pokemon. I have been playing since its US Release and I'm 21, People my age go get wasted i chill put some club dogo on and play for hours to me thats a good time well spent.

Do what you love and ignore those who are stuck with their miserable lives.

Add me on Youtube =)

Back