• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does Anyone Else Think the GTS has Outrageous Asking Prices?

Do people ask for too much in the GTS?

• Yes

Votes: 51 96.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I just tried to get onto the GTS today, and I'm peeved at the thing. One, you can only trade for pokemon you've seen in-game. While understandable, I'm kinda miffed because if i want a lot of the older pokemon, I'm going to have to buy the old GBA games and abuse the pal park.

But mainly, what I did find was astonishing. All the pokemon I saw were going for ridiculous demands. I saw someone offering a lv. 9 Glameow for a lv. 100 Ho-Oh.

...EXPLAIN THIS ONE TO ME!!!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    yea the GTS is annoying and most of the pokemon are hacked on there anyway so don't trade on it.
    check out the trade corner and get pokemon from there.
    check out my trade thread it's in my signature

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • I just tried to get onto the GTS today, and I'm peeved at the thing. One, you can only trade for pokemon you've seen in-game. While understandable, I'm kinda miffed because if i want a lot of the older pokemon, I'm going to have to buy the old GBA games and abuse the pal park.

But mainly, what I did find was astonishing. All the pokemon I saw were going for ridiculous demands. I saw someone offering a lv. 9 Glameow for a lv. 100 Ho-Oh.

i know what you mean, i saw someone requesting to trade their sudowodo for a celebi

Years
  • Friggin' pathetic...

Oh, posted to the shop Aaron. All I can really offer are good bred pokemon. I'm thinking I should just keep pokemon who breed well so they'll get good offspring I could trade.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • The GTS is mostly hacked pokemon, as was said. People that don't care about taking hacked pokemon trad elegit ones for excess hackers pokes.

It's stupid, and is to be expected. I only use it to get jpn dittos for masuda.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    I think it's terrible and refuse to use it I look for a Ditto and the offerers are requesting lv. 100 Palkia's etc.....

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I very rarely respond to someone else's offer (I traded a Krabby for a Corsola once, but I think that's about it.) I usually put up my own offers, which works well for me. I have some of my rarest Pokemon because of GTS.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • No , the GTS is not safe . It is full of hacks and Pokesavs . I stopped trading when I received a Lv. 99 Rayquaza met at Rt. 201 . The Pokemon from Pokecommunity's Trade Corner are safe tough , you should trade there !

Years
  • Yeah, this is outrageous. Very stupid, if you ask me.

A level 1 Eevee for any level Palkia. It was a good idea at first, then everyone abused it for this. That's why there's no trades through there anymore. So much easier to do it through there. But, you can't find a pokemon like Alakazam without an asking price of a Diagla (I would trade that..idk why)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Hey
    Do any of you evolve your Pokemon from the GTS

You mean those we get in trades or the Evolving Trick ?

I never done the Evo' Trick before . I have my bro' next to me which is always happy to help me evolve my Pokemon ! :]

And those I get from the GTS... I trade on the GTS just for fun . I just let other Pokemon drift alone in Boxes . XDD

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    You mean those we get in trades or the Evolving Trick ?

I never done the Evo' Trick before . I have my bro' next to me which is always happy to help me evolve my Pokemon ! :]

And those I get from the GTS... I trade on the GTS just for fun . I just let other Pokemon drift alone in Boxes . XDD

yea I meant the evolving trick

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I used to do GTS trades regularly until I got sick of some of the requests. Those Pokemon are just collecting dust now (or got deleted when I sold my Pearl back to GameStop), as I only went on there to collect ID numbers for the Jubilife Lottery.

I *did*, however, get a shiny Gastly for cheap off the GTS :P

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Ive gotten a few shiny LEGIT pokemon. The GTS is uselesss, that why he have forums like this to trade in.Although if it wasnt for that I wouldnt be able to clone. (Ive never lost any pokemon cloning because I set it to Arceus Hurray for TRU arceus!)

Years

You only just noticed? :| This has been going on since the very beginning. The GTS is bad if you're looking for particularly sought after Pokémon, but perfectly fine if you're looking for a Pokémon of low or normal demand. It's a case of filtering out the stupid offers and looking for the genuine ones.

Although, I did get a legit shiny Rhyperior once from the GTS. :3 I traded a Regirock for it, which I thought was pretty fair.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Hey
    Do any of you evolve your Pokemon from the GTS

Yepp, that's how I got my Dusknoir.
    I've actually gotten a few really good deals from the GTS. I got a level 100 Alakazam for a level 1 Munchlax. That Alakazam was probably the only reason I beat the Pokemon League.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I havent been on the GTS for a while now but I remember lots of ridiculous trades the last time I got on like a lv 1 eevee for a lv 100 dialga or a lv 5 piplup for a lv 100 Mesprit. Some people are just weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back