• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Cid

Years
    My brother's Silver is still here. Although I haven't seen him use it anymore...so I can't say whether it still works or not.
    I lost my Gold a few years ago. Only Yellow and the GBC we used to play the old games were left.

dragonite trainer

Retro Gamer, rarely here anymore.
    Years
    Pokemon games mostly work

Gold never died
    silver never died
    I replaced Crystal's battery myself 1 year ago
    red never died
    blue never died
    yellow never died
    Crystal is working perfectly now

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My Crystal still works.. granted, it's with one of my ex-friends now, but when I lent it to her a few years back it was going strong. Honestly, I didn't ever play it too much though, so that's probably the reason. o_o Truth be told, I never beat it, and I've never owned Gold or Silver.. sooo.. don't have to worry about those dying on me.

Poke-dude

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Yellow, silver and the blue I bought today all function perfectly :)
    my brothers red game just died though, when you do new game you can hear pokemon cries :D

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yellow and Gold ^^
    If they die out I'm going to use an emulator XD.

Ayselipera

All my generation I and II games still work. Which would be Yellow, Blue, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I don't even play them anymore though so I'm not jumping for joy or anything like that. They're just nice to have at this point.

Years
    I have my Red, Blue [not really mine's], and Yellow working. My Gold went kaput after several falls. :['

NB: "Kaput" as in I try to save a game, and it reverts into "New Game".

Years
    Yesterday I discovered that both games, gold and silver Died, I try to save the game but it appears that the save file is corrupted. = / Does anyone know how I do to get back to playing them?

Back