• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Fortunately, I have been lucky thus far.

None of my 2nd Gen games have died yet, but as a precaution, I recently purchased a Crystal Version that has a replaced memory battery.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • All of the games I bought myself still work. That is, Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow (x2), Silver, Crystal. I also have my cousin's Silver. That was dead when I got it though. I bought all my games when they were released too. I've had them this far (some over ten years) and everything's still good.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Yeah, most of mine work. A couple of them had their internal clock die, but that's about it. My Crystal works like a charm.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    My Crystal, Red, Blue, and Yellow all still work(:
    My Gold and Silver died though :/

Years
  • My Yellow was actually the first game to go, but my Silver version (only Gen 2 game I own) still works. It is only on it's second full play-through (my first one was reset about halfway through because I couldn't figure out Pryce's gym, and my second one was infected with PokeRus, which was poorly implemented in Gen 2).

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • All mine still work fine I have all of them by the way started playing Silver again to gear up for soul silver

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    As long as one knows how to change the battery (& have the means to do it), the game doesn't necessarily ever die unless one physically damages it.

All my GB/C games (R, B, Y, S, C) are still fine and on original batteries.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Both of my GenI games still work, but Crystal is dead as a doornail (so-to-speak; I don't have the neccessary tools or skills to fix it).

Gold is still up and running, however! :B

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Nope my Silver died bout a couple months ago and since I've been meaning to go buy a new one to play before HG/SS. Sad too all that time gone =[

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Wow, I still have a LOT of working 2nd gen games.

• Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
    • Red (x2)
    • Blue
    • Gold (x2)
    • Silver
    • Crystal (x2)

Wow, I pretty much have all of the released Gameboy games ^_^ Lucky me!

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • None of my Pokemon games are dead yet. I used to whip out the 2nd or 1st gen. somtimes for fun, but now with the remakes they are just for collection.

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • I have two copies of yellow now, one(my perfect pokedex one) has a bad battery, and the other is still working.

My copy of gold still works, but I haven't touched it in ages.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • My Blue, Yellow, and Crystal still work great. My Red was stolen 5 years ago and it worked then. My Silver did die however, about 5 years ago.

Back