• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Years
    i dont even have my 1st and 2nd gen games anymore.I remember having a yellow that stopped saving and from what i remmeber i had crystal,gold,and silver,and blue,and they all worked perfectly but i misplaced them after getting sapphire

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
    I had a copy of Silver and Crystal from back when they first came out, but I had lost them a few years ago. I got a Crystal Version used about two weeks ago, and it seems to work perfectly fine. I'm unsure as to whether the battery was replaced or not, but it seems to work normally.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    My Gold works, Via the Gameboy, however whenever i play it in, pokemon stadium 2, the data corrupts

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    My Crystal works, but my Gold died a little while ago (Or maybe longer, I lost it and didn't play it.)

But, my Red and Blue work (My Blue has an original internal battery, I dunno about Red.)

I wish I had the tools to fix my Gold, so I could enjoy it again.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    All of the Gen II games I've had still work luckily!

*looks around worriedly*

*Goes check Gold game*

Yeah, still works. I once was given a free Gen II game and I thought, "Wow! Aren't I lucky that somebody gave me a free Pokemon game!" Then when I realized it wouldn't save, I tricked a kid into giving me his working Pokemon Silver. I feel bad about it to this day, but he was a very gullible person. Here's what the conversation was:

Me: Hey you wanna trade me your Pokemon Silver for my Pokemon Gold?

Him: Why?

Me: Well, uh... Pokemon Gold is better than Silver.

Him: But I like this game.

Me: Uh, well this one is good for cheats!

Him:...

Me:...

Him:... Ok!

Yeah. I am glad that mine still works! Although it'll probably flop anyday now. They say once the time slows down in game, it is a sure sign. Mine is 5 minutes slow so far...

But it should be good for now. Enjoy it while you can!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    yes my Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal all work fine

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    I personally never owned Gen 2 games...
    Emulators FTW.
    However my friend Sun owns 8 Gen 2 games - 3 Crystals and 5 Golds.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2010
    Only started playing fairly recently. Bought yellow, red and silver recently. All of them worked but I changed the battery in all of them anyways just in case of losing saves in the future, also changed the battery in my mates gold.

Champloo

RNG Expert
    Years
    My only Gold Version Died out =( One of my Silver Versions died as well.

It's funny though since at the time I didn't know they could "Die" so I was infuriated when it just wouldn't save and blamed my little sister for touching my stuff.

I then later discovered why it wasn't working anymore......=/

I apologized!!!! Lol but ya My 3 Crystal Versions still work fine and my last Silver works fine as well. I've been meaning to get a replacement battery for my Gold and Silver versions. I just haven't gotten around to it =(

Wasp

O RLY?
    Years
    Hm. Well..

I originally bought a Pokemon Silver version, due to the fact that I started with FR/LG, but as I turned on my GameBoy, I found out the game was already dead.

So...no working I or II gen games...:(

Back