• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
  • My pokemon yellow which ive had for like 10 years? probally longer still works :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    The only reason Silver still works is because I replaced the internal battery. Gold and Crystal both died, which is sad because I want to play them. Silver has a friend's save on it and I don't want to delete it.

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
  • I know my Crystal still works fine, I don't know about my Gold though (although I haven't played either for months). All my 1st generation games died quite a long time ago (it seems like it anyway).

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • I have both a Pokémon Gold and a Pokémon Crystal that are still working in mint condition!

However, unlike Crystal, I have only had to replace the battery in Gold once.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    All of my gameboy games work just like the day I bought them. Of course Pokemon is no exception.

I don't know why, really. I mean I literally played Crystal for 300+ hours and in just one file, too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    My gold version doesn't work anymore, and I'm not up for replacing the battery. The game is in Japanese anyways, so I'll just play Pokemon Gold on my PSP...

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Crystal, UHG, some guy on eBay said it saved, it didn't so I didn't play it for a year, (I got it 3 years ago) so around two years ago I decided to get a new internal battery for it, but since it wasn't professionally put in there, if it's moved around too much the battery will move a bit, and lose data, but it still works!

So...
    Crystal
    Stadium 2

Back