• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    All my games still work :)
    Yellow
    Gold
    Crystal
    Sapphire
    pokemon pingpong...haha

and naturally the newer generations dim - ss

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My Pokemon Crystal still works. :) Hasn't had any problems. :P

A funny story is that as soon as I gave my friend my Pokemon Silver cartridge, the internal battery died. xD Talk about bad luck. :P

Zukdeen

Come follow me.
    Years
  • I couldn't say they're working.
    I mean, my Pokémon Gold has no battery left
    And my Pokémon Crystal just fails when starting if I don't push it hard against the Slot, and blah blah blah it fails.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    surprisingly i still have my Crystal AND my Red version (i also think i have Gold, but since i haven't seen it in 5 years, it's MIA)

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • The battery in my Silver died. It's the only game I've had in 20+ years of playing them that has done that (this is including my Blue version, which I've had longer). The only thing that comes close is a PS2 memory card that went kaput.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I still have a Gold Version cartridge. I don't know if it works though, since I have nothing to play it on. I think it does.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • My crystal still works, and so does my yellow. yeah! my red was found in my dad's car and the battery coroded all over everthing... It wass literaly like the pennies you find that are all blue-green.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • I bought Yellow and Crystal on eBay last year, and they work fine.
    But I forgot about the fact that they might die D:

Katja

Years
  • I used to have silver but someone borrowed it and I never got it back. I have blue and crystal and both of those work. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    This happened to mysilver years ago. i had gooton it as a gift(used) and didn't know what happened when my file was gone/couldn't save. This won't happen for gen 3+, right.
    My Super mario bro #? stopped working altogether. used of course :(

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    the only one that broke for me was yellow, i dont really care cause it took me a year just to beat brock and the game sucked

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I still have a working silver,my first gen II game (and actually the first one overall). Yay! ^^
    I sold my Crystal a couple of time ago.

Years
  • I have blue, yellow, and gold. last I checked they were all fine. but I don't think I have my gameboy color anymore (or it might be upstairs, but idk) so I haven't played them for at least 4-5 years. they probably still work though...

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • Yep all my games still work. ^_^ But sadly, the Gold version I just recently bought a few months ago seems like the battery is about to go out. It's a simple fix, so when it does go out i'll be able to fix it once I get the proper battery.

Back