• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone know how to pronounce Zyra?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Hey does anyone know how to pronounce Zyra? I think it would be the perfect name for one of my oc but I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing it right and I want to be 100% sure. Because my character is in my novel. So if anyone know how to pronounce Zyra it would be help me a lot.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I think of two ways to pronounce it when I see it: Zi (rhymes with "eye") ra (rhymes with "uh"), or Zir (rhymes with "fur") ra (rhymes with "uh"). I think most people would pronounce it the first way, so if you want it pronounced the second way, go with "Zyrra," in my opinion. If neither way is correct, sorry for wasting your time ;)

Off-topic, you have one scary avatar :O

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Z-ee-ruh, Z-eye-rah, Z-ih-rah, probably others; just depends on your accent, so go with whatever way comes out most naturally or sounds best to you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I think of two ways to pronounce it when I see it: Zi (rhymes with "eye") ra (rhymes with "uh"), or Zir (rhymes with "fur") ra (rhymes with "uh"). I think most people would pronounce it the first way, so if you want it pronounced the second way, go with "Zyrra," in my opinion. If neither way is correct, sorry for wasting your time ;)

Off-topic, you have one scary avatar :O

No your not wasting my time ^^ It helps a lot. I'm going with the first one your put, it's perfect.
    XD I guess it is a little scary. I'v been needing to change it.

Hey thanks you guys for helping me :D now I don't have to worry about her name anymore. Hopeful one day my novel gets publish and now I can put her name pronouncement in the back or something :)

Back