• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen does anyone know when d/p is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    apparantly there won't be a major gap like with Ruby and Sapphire. its been hinted by Gamefreak and Nintendo that they plan the similar release gap as it was with Gold and Silver, so just before the end of this year (yhey for christmas!) or just after new year sometime in January.

y'know, Diamond and Pearl is like the new Gold and Silver for me, but better. these are my favs for the moment and i havent even played them yet! hehe

Years
    No official date yet; logicaly, it will not come out untill start-middle 2007, since the Pokemon Ranger's release in Europe will be in the start of 2007 and there's no way that US will get Diamond/Pearl before Europe get even Ranger. That's my opinion of course.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    I have a problem... so even if you imported Diamond or Pearl, you wouldn't be able to play them on DS's from the US, right? Then would you be able to trade with the english games when they came out? Or... wait a minute... with Wi-Fi, people can battle and trade from around the globe... so that means the Japanese will have a head start training their Pokemon!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have a problem... so even if you imported Diamond or Pearl, you wouldn't be able to play them on DS's from the US, right? Then would you be able to trade with the english games when they came out? Or... wait a minute... with Wi-Fi, people can battle and trade from around the globe... so that means the Japanese will have a head start training their Pokemon!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!
    Who are you to complain? At least you live in America. Europeans have to wait even longer. Well, at least we have to wait ages here in Finland. But as long as you use proper natures, EV training and movesets, you can easily beat Pokémon that are on a higher level. >O And once I get to trade my Pokémon from Emerald... *Evil smirk.*

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    ...And once I get to trade my Pokémon from Emerald... *Evil smirk.*

Yeah I know what u mean. My Latias Pwned all on Sapphire. ;) (Clicky on little spoiler thingy in my siggy)

I may just have to trade her as early as possible, because for once, none of the starters really appeal to me. I may need to see their evos tho.

Years
    someone1939 said:
    DS is Region-Free like every Portable Console ever made. And about Japanese Trainers having a head start, don't forget we can always train our Pokemon in RSE/FRLG and trade later. Finally, Europe will in my opinion get the games less than two weeks after US. There's nothing more that USA has and Europe doesn't and both games are in English; and don't forget that Europe got FireRed/LeafGreen less than a week after the US release.

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
    Uhh...Hope its at christmas 2006

Us aussies get it when it comes in the U.S:)

OH NO!!!!!!!!! You have to do something to trade from past pokemon games:\ :paranoid: :'( :disappoin :(

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Duh. Global distribution for Nintendo games for US and Aus is like always now.

And all DS have only one region setting, a DS bought in US or Aus or UK can play German, Japanese ds games but not chinese.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Dude, there is a whole thread for this called 4th Generation Release Dates and Speculation Thread.

Locked.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back