• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does anyone like the big O?

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I do...it's really cool my favorite character is swartzwald

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I saw both seasons, hard as hell to understand. The tomatoes thing was kinda funny when I understood it ^^;

My favorite was always Normen.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
  • Heh, I remember watching this on Adult Swin a lot when I couldn't sleep when I lived in America. I agree with Blue, it was hard as hell to understand, but the action was nice. I still remember in the first episode when the main character (lol, I forgot his name) took the car as part of the payment for his detective work XD

Plus the theme song was catchy:

Big O, Big O, Big O

x.x
    Okay, maybe not...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    yeah it is hard to understand...still don't get it

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The main guy was Roger Smith, and if anyone wants spoilers for the show, this is the meaning behind it.
    Spoiler

They were all in a play, being controlled by Angel. The tomatoes were the names for the actors, or the clone children. And the Big's were an allagory for the power of God.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The Lyrics:

First, the lyrics of the theme are:

Big-O, Big-O o o Big-O,
    Big-O, Big-O o o Big-O,

Cast in the Name of God,
    You're Not Guilty,
    We Have Danger,
    Get Big-O

Refrain

It's in english too, even though it's the Japanese theme song. That's what's interesting. Go ahead, listen to it. That's what they're saying.

The Ending:

You know, I never actually considered that a possibility...

Spoilers:

I always thought they were all clones controlled by Angel, and the redux of the opening after the end credits of the final episode was their next copies. That's why they all lost their memories 40 years ago. They never had them to begin with.

But the Bigs, or Mega-Deus' were an allegory for the power of God, or more precisely, his army of angels. The ones that the villains had could have been an allegory for the Devil.

But the funny thing is that the way you explained it makes more sense...

(Oh great... Big-O The Musical...)

Last edited:

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • Aye i enjoy this anime, its really good, i wasnt over struck on seeing it but when i did i was very pleased!

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
  • Yea i love this anime, Roger Smith has wierd eyes brows!
    I liked it when Big O lifts his fist up and big guns come out of his wrists like a power gauntlet. Also his pressured fist blows were cool. I liked the one with Big Duo and the last battle with the president of paradigm. His robot was cool too.
    I liked the music when Big O fights its really cool but it only repeats two times then goes away bc by that time Big O wins!!
    Does anyone like Alice? the red haired cyborg? [/SPOILER]?I like Alice in human form from when Roger has an illusion when he never existed and his house was beck's bank.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    SBaby said:
    The Ending:

You know, I never actually considered that a possibility...

Spoilers:

I always thought they were all clones controlled by Angel, and the redux of the opening after the end credits of the final episode was their next copies. That's why they all lost their memories 40 years ago. They never had them to begin with.

But the Bigs, or Mega-Deus' were an allegory for the power of God, or more precisely, his army of angels. The ones that the villains had could have been an allegory for the Devil.

But the funny thing is that the way you explained it makes more sense...

(Oh great... Big-O The Musical...)
    The enemy Big were supposed to be an allegory for the fallen angels, namly the four horsemen. And they're the ones who had brought about the loss of memories. Angel does infact control it all, she's like a stage director, but she can't remember it. The play was to show that people did not need memories to live life, as Roger said "People are not ruled by their memories." You can live your life the way you want it with or without memories, that they are all just a stepping stone onto something greater. But yeah, they were false memories seeing as how it as all a play.

Even though we really don't need it a Big O III would be so good, help other people get the ending better.

Back