• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone noticed that their is a lack of gift Pokémon this year?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I live in Europe and on the moment this year, not even one gift Pokémon was distributed this year. This is rather disturbing while in Japan the shiny tapu koko was distributed, A cap Pikachu and much more. The only Pokémon we did get in Europe were the Ash-Greninja from the demo, Magearna and the Munchlax for purchasing the game. They were all after the release, but now it's been ages when we saw a gift Pokémon in Europe ( in America their was a Slowpoke.) Indeed we did get Mega stones, but that is it.

Now my question is, if anyone knows or heard a rumor of a Pokémon distribution in Europe or worldwide?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    you should expect japan to get most of the gifts. it's been that way since they started doing giveaways. the best anyone can really do is keep up-to-date with current ones and maybe they'll release them worldwide.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • I agree TS, but as tokyodrift stated it's always been this way. It's one reason I started coming to pokecommunity as well. there are people here who have access to the Japan events and make them accessable to us. what kind of event mon would you like to see in Europe if they did one specifically for there as they did in some past gens?

Years
  • Yeah I guess it's always been this way but I can understand why you'd be frustrated. Tbf though, last year was amazing for gift Pokemon and allowed a lot of people - like me- to get legendary Pokemon they had no way of getting previously.

pkmin3033

No more so than usual, really? Last year isn't really a good comparative point, seeing as how it was the 20th Anniversary and we were literally drowned in Legendary Pokemon...most of them with second chance codes.

There aren't that many event-exclusive Legendaries to Gen VII - and presumably they're being saved for a later date to tie in with something - and the West has never had events on quite the same scale as Japan.

So...no, not really?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    ( in America their was a Slowpoke.)

^Just need to say first, I loled so hard when I read this part of your post.

Anyways.... I think we were just so spoiled by last year's give aways that it makes this year seem really lacking so far. Su/Mo hasn't even been out for a full year yet, give it some time, I'm sure things will come up soon for the other countries. Plus most of the give aways that happened last year were at the end of the OR/AS lifespan before releasing Su/Mo, so it could be entirely possible that it might be a couple of years before we see any give aways on the magnitude that OR/AS had last year.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I mean if you're really looking for some event Pokemon, you can always take a gander at the Trade Corner and see if anyone has any available for trade. It might not be exactly free, but you can possibly get your hands on what you want. It may just be me, but I really don't see any even worthy Pokemon aside from Legendaries for Su/Mo. I do agree with the above post in the fact that we were a bit spoiled in terms of giveaways since they happened literally every month leading up to the New Year. All we can really do is wait it out like we've been doing and hope for the best.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Europe always gets the short end of the stick. I swear they always forget about us when it comes to the best event pokemon.

Back