• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone still actively play?

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I got Pokemon Crystal for my 6th Birthday! I used to love to play it!

But now I don't play it, unless I really am bored but thats a rare occasion.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I played Crystal for a good while a couple of months ago, but gave up on because I got bored. Now all I play is Diamond, and I haven't picked that up for a couple of weeks either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I don't like Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald much only the old Pokemon games and the new Diamond Pearl; but I don't have broadband so it cuts the fun for D/P.

All my Pokemon games work last time I played; last year but I haven't have much free time now but I would play them over any other game because they are the only games to me that are fun to play over and over. I seem to get offended with at least something in other games out there so I only play Pokemon now. I chucked my Playstation 2 games out of my room, most of them are awful and offended me and most are kids games so what the. I liked all the PS 1 through except for one game but chucked them all out too; I was angery, sorry to PS likers.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    I started up my Silver again recently, after my nephew saved over my old file. o_o;;
    It still works for now, but I wonder how long it'll keep working. xD I really liked the Gen 2 games, though. I wish the batteries wouldn't die out so fast. (.. Even though it IS really old, now, so.. xD)

Years
    I play in school all the time. I learned how to fix the save-game battery, and I repaired 7 other copies of G/S/C and me and my friends upload teams on to Pokemon Stadium 2 and have tournaments every once in a while.

I wouldn't have it any other way. They're still my favorites! R/S/E/FR/LG and D/P/Pt don't even compare in my eyes, (although the graphics are nice...)

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I still play Crystal and Gold pretty often, and I started a new file on Blue about a week ago. My Silver version still needs a new battery, but I haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I started yellow awhile back I basically play for a bit every day. Ive trying to have all my pokemon at the same level for a extra challange, meaning every one. I just got my third nadge and im training them to level 30.( Every pokemon I catch I train, I trade from my Pc when they are done and get a new one to train)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I still actively play Blue and Silver. I'd probably still play Yellow (Despite it being my least favourite game out of the 3), but i've lost it somewhere.

On my physical Blue and Silver carts i'm using Silver to train up some of Blue's Pokémon so that I have an array of different Pokémon all at the same level (Ideal for Stadium).

On the Blue rom i'm playing atm i'm trying to train up a Lv 40+ team before I fight Brock. As you can imagine, training Lv 30+ Pokémon in Viridian Forest is highly time consuming haha. I've been on it all day and i've not yet managed to level any of them up to Lv 40. I'm stopping them all evolving until they learn their final moves/the last moves I want them to learn so it could take a while to get them all done (Especially Charmander who doesn't learn his final move Fire Spin until Lv 48!).

Team so far:
    Charmander: Level 35 (Raising to: Level 48)
    Ember, Rage, Slash, Scatch (Keeping Scratch until he learns Fire Spin purely because it has 35 PP and when you're fighting level 3-5 Pokémon you need all the exp you can get)

Spearow: Level 28 (Raising to: Level 29)
    Mirror Move, Peck, Leer, Fury Attack

Nidoran (M): Level 36 (Raising to: Level 43)
    Horn Drill, Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Horn Attack

Pikachu: Level 29 (Raising to: Level 43)
    Swift, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

As you can see i've still got a fair bit of work to do. I'll let them evolve once they reach the levels i've listed and hopefully I should have a pretty solid team. Also wanting a Magikarp once Brock's out of the way, so that I can add a Gyarados to the roster. Or I may just skip Brock and go level it up before I fight him. It may seem harsh but watching his team crumble to Hyper Beam will be absolutely priceless :D

Do the hard work now and reap the benefits later on in the game, I say!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I would play my Silver version but since the battery is dead, I can't (I need to find the tool to open up the cartaridge XD).

Gymleader Brandon

Water Gym******
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Apr 16, 2009
    no i just play leaf green now for an old one. i hope they come out with a new silver and gold remake. there were rumors but idk

Back