• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    IMO, it's the best pokemon game in the 4th gen (And I'm sure many would agree with me) Upon losing my diamond, SS is the last generation 4 game I own. I'm going to need it to bridge the gap between generations, so I took it back from my brother who wiped my old save I'm I'm replaying it so it'll be ready for transfering.....but otherwise I wouldn't really be playing it, It's all thats stopping me from getting a new game other then waiting for B2/W2.

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
    Years
    Currently playing HeartGold to prep my Dragonite for trading. As soon as I'm done with that I'll probably start over and play "legit".

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
    Yeah I still play it a bit :) It is such a fun game, I loved the storyline in crystal all the way through, I loved the pokemon too. 2 regions ftw xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    I play Heart Gold, but if I hit a bump, I take it out of my 3DS, and play something else.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Soul Silver and Heart Gold are the best games for me, so I still play them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Of course we are all still playing HG/SS! It's the best of the best, the most successful Pokemon game in my opinion. It's got lots of things to do and so many places to explore!

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I still play. I guess you can say I'm cross training my new Shiny Esepeon in as most regions as i can. I'm trying to rack up on ribbons.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    After I captured all possible legendaries in BW, I re-started my HGSS game.

And the funny thing is, I have never touched BW again since then...

I feel BW has the best story but after that it gets boring very easily, while there are still so many things you can do after the main story in HGSS. And I'm positive that the Pokemon-following feature glues me to HGSS...

Now my Sceptile is blushing again.... *pets head*

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i still play and i kept on resetting my game every time when I reached Goldenrod city. I dont know why, but it happens for no reason.

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    i was always a fan of the s/g/c series and with the remake i loved it more. Right now i am playing catch up because i beat white but just needed to complete Hg. i dont dislike white/black but i too feel like something is missing

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I still believe that HG is one of the best not only is it the two regions to explore it added the pokemon follow feature which is amazing, Black is great but they shouldnt have gotten rid of the follow feature

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I love HGSS, they're my favorite games. I know it sounds silly, but having my Pokemon follow me in the overworld was just awesome (since BW didn't include the following feature, that's what inspired me to make my hack, but anyhow). Silver was my favorite game when I was young, and having an upgraded version is great!

BRS

iDon't Know
    Years
    • Age 25
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Im doing a Mystery Dungeon Challenge for SS buut i miss playing it >.< i missed the old pokemons lke blastioce and typlosions :3

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Playing it now. Just barely made it passed Lance! It was a close battle!

Mamoswine and Crobat are so adorable. I love that they follow me around!.

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
    Thats ironic because I just restarted my soul silver, it is one of my favorite pokemon games :D it has two regions as well, so you don't get bored quickly.
    Boy, I remember those times when gen 4 was new. Gd times XD

Pokemon black and white for me was rather dry in storyline, it was good for the first few gyms but it got kinda weak later on. I hate the graphics too, they kinda ruin it, I think thats one of the reasons why I don't really play it anymore.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I JUST restarted on Soul Silver last night. Haven't had the chance to do much but train my starter (Totodile, of course) and win the first two badges. I need to take time to actually catch a Pokemon I care about training because right now, my starter is the only one I have worth battling with, haha.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I love my Heart Gold. I play it all the time trying out new teams and strategies.

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
    Years
    im playing HG/SS right now theres just so much more to do on those games and black and white gets old real fast
    I agree wholeheartedly. G/S/C were my favorite Pokemon games, and now that I can play it on the DS with the best graphics, best gameplay, best everything I can enjoy it so much more. I'm just now getting into EV training and chain breeding (which is kind of embarrassing since I've been playing so long.)

With the Pokemon following you around, the game feels so much more personal, too.

Back