• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I'm currently in a play through of SoulSilver again. It's part of my game plan to replay through my main games (SoulSilver, Platinum, and White) before the release of Black 2 and White 2 in the US. However, because I've been busy moving at the moment, I've had to put SoulSilver down for a bit. Thankfully, the moving is almost done and I'll get settled into my new place in no time so I can start playing it again.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Actually, I've just recently completed another game of HeartGold, only to restart it for a challenge. HeartGold/SoulSilver are probably the Pokemon games I've had the most enjoyment in replaying the most, since the Johto region and its resident Pokemon all hold a special place in my heart. While Unova has triumphed it as my favourite region overall, I just have more fun replaying HG/SS for whatever reason.

I highly suspect that it's simply due to how much I like seeing my Pokemon follow me around, and with how I like using different Pokemon every time, I get to see how cute all the various Pokemon's sprites are when they waddle around behind me, haha.

Years
  • I actually came across both versions in one of my drawers the other day. I hadn't played them since their original release, but after finding them I'm considering playing them again. I may finish White before, however, since I've yet to do that...

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • i have to say that HG/SS are my favorite still and with all the pokemon in this one tops i mean b/w is great but something about g/s just is type awesome. Im playing it right now (HS that is ) i like to breed and complete everything i noticed that i didnt do the little side quest so im doing that and heading over to BF

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • i have to say that HG/SS are my favorite still and with all the pokemon in this one tops i mean b/w is great but something about g/s just is type awesome. Im playing it right now (HS that is ) i like to breed and complete everything i noticed that i didnt do the little side quest so im doing that and heading over to BF
    Agreed with everything said here.

My opinion, though, is that B/W have lost the originality of older Pokémon games. I mean, none of the new Pokémon and characters look in any way traditional to what I'm used to, at least.

Heh, had to order an extra Pokéwalker though. I just hope it's an exact replica of the ones found in new boxes of HG/SS (not some cheap remake/knock-off).

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    Honestly I play pretty much all my pokemon games from time to time (even Pokemon Pinball lol). Right now I'm playing a bit of Black and HeartGold (I'm doing one of the "challenge modes" right now in HG), and I might play some Fire Red whenever I get done/bored with either.

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
    Years
  • I have gotten more involved in past games such as red blue yellow and some hack games I never bothered to finish. But I play either Platinum, HG, or SS for a few hours each weekend

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
    Years
    • Age 36
    • uk
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i play these on a daily basis
    1. they have better move tutors and pokemon than B/W.
    2. d/p/pt have the Pokeradar i actully love that key item (got my 1st shiny that way many years ago).
    3. they have better story than B/W and last longer.
    4. there alot harder to RNG than B/W and i love a challenge :)

Years
  • I'm kinda surprised that people ever use these games for purposes other than Poke Transfer, but it seems they do. (Personally, I mostly use my SoulSilver nowadays for Poke Transfer and Pal Park.)

Years
  • Heart gold is my fav! I love how the pokemon follow you around its too cute! And I really didn't like most of the pokemon in black & white.. I've been playing heart gold and platinum because of that. ^.^

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
  • Heartgold was always may favorite!! I only Have my second copy of SS still Because i just got it and My Dogf ate My hg and SS!! >:(
    I loved the Pokewalker, Because I would jump on the Trampoline to get Watts and catch more pokemon!! I love Re-matches Unlike white.Here's a breif Summry of the haps on my SS game!! XD (It's a long summeray)
    HG had all my pokemon!! My white has all my good Stuff now and but I have'nt even challanged E4 yet I Just caught Lugia but I have at least a half box full of Shinys and half box of Events I always chose cydaquil because as a baby it's so SO cute!!Right now the only thing iused is Typhlosion to beat everything as I'm doing 1 pokemon Challange I use Rayzquala I got in trading to Fly and Use a Phoine to do everything water.
    Typhlosion Had Cut and strength But since the move Deleter At Lv. 56 Typhlosion Learns Eruption and just before he learned it I forgot Strength and Cut to Learn Blast Burn and Eruption.
    Thank You move TutorS!!! <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    No, I am not playing the HG/SS. it is very boring game and I am not interested in such kind of gaming. So whenever there is situation to play this game them I am always avoid it for playing. Because I don't like it.

Years
  • Yes. The egg moves available in HGSS versus the Sinnoh games make me venture in a few times a week. Both Hg and Ss are at this time at 18 badges, but both have a weakly filled Pokedex which I may or may not correct.

Notch Ear Pichu less than three!

PokeChick91

Master Trainer
    Years
  • Anyone know a good fourth Poke to have on my team?
    So far I've got
    Quilava
    Flaaffy
    Ghastly

I want a Vaporeon, and I only like training 5 Pokemon at once...

Is Sandslash worth training?

id say espeon instead of vaporeon and switch your water, i like lapras because of the variety of moves, j/s.

Back