• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone think D/P is too slow?

Do you think D/P feels considerably slower?

• Yes, it's much better this way

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Yes, I prefer the old speed

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No, I don't notice a thing

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
    Years
    I've been playing Pokemon Diamond for some time, and when I went back to LG, battles and text seemed so much faster.

Practically every animation takes longer, including Pokemon animations, move animations, HM animations, surf, etc

Does anyone agree that the D/P versions feel much more slow-paced?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah, everything has been slowed down a notch, even if everything's on the fastest speed possible with no battle animations and fastest text, the gameplay still feels slow.

The only thing that's seemed "faster" is the ability to run inside with the Running Shoes.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    I've been playing Pokemon Diamond for some time, and when I went back to LG, battles and text seemed so much faster.

Practically every animation takes longer, including Pokemon animations, move animations, HM animations, surf, etc

Does anyone agree that the D/P versions feel much more slow-paced?

I completely agree with you :/ It's especially annoying on wi-fi with all the Leftovers and Sandstorm..ugh..

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I feel the opposite. Am I wrong? When I play the GBA, the wild Pokémon move very slowly from the left to the right side of the screen (before it says "Wild ~ appeared!") and the bike seems slower, too. You can't run inside buildings. I don't feel the rest of the animations faster, though.

Snap96, do not link to other forums in any way.
    -POST DELETED-

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
    Years
    @Shiny Umbreon: compare the surf speed, and also compare the average animation length of an attack. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    Sorry but I think I'm gonna have to disagree. Try going to options and selecting fast text speed or hold down A with good timing when reading. =P

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
    Years
    Try going to options and selecting fast text speed
    That's what I do in EVERY Pokemon game as soon as I get the opportunity. And the topic isn't about text speed. Animations! -_-

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    It is slow, and now D/P bores me, but i have to say none of the pokemon games had smooth animations, they just had to make it slow.

lightdash

Odd...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I disagree. The speed of D/P was never a problem with me, nor was it in older Pokemon games. And if you are going to tell me to look at Surf or do a battle, well it's just you then not me.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    If I had the choice to lock the lousy 2 framed Pokémon animation, everything will be so much faster!

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
    Years
    And if you are going to tell me to look at Surf or do a battle, well it's just you then not me.
    I don't really think my brain would magically become overclocked (if it even is possible) after starting up LeafGreen right after Diamond.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    DP does seem slow, but the begining is a little slow to start with and theres lots of bits where you get talked to alot and you just have to keep pressing "A"

Years
    I feel the opposite. Am I wrong? When I play the GBA, the wild Pokémon move very slowly from the left to the right side of the screen (before it says "Wild ~ appeared!") and the bike seems slower, too. You can't run inside buildings. I don't feel the rest of the animations faster, though.

Snap96, do not link to other forums in any way.
    -POST DELETED-

I agree with Shiny Umbreon.

Myabe you guys need to go into options and change the text speed?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Erm, you do realise under options you can change the text speed?

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    People, please read before you post.

It isn't about text speed, it's about animation speed. Movement on the world map and in battles is horrifically slow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back