• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does every starter town have that fat guy?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    So far, I have played platinum, and ruby, both of them had fat people who talked about how great technology is.. does every game starter town have the fat person?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Yeah I noticed that too. In G/S/C the fat guy in New Bark Town talks about new pokemon being discovered.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I reckon he stalks you... Talking about his new found technology, the InstaTeleport!
    He can just warp from one starter town to another...

I never actually noticed it before, but now I think about it... Hmm... Possibly. =3
    xX

Ayselipera

hahaha. I should of noticed. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I noticed that too. :| It's really weird. I'm wondering if it's the same fat guy...or if they're all related some how.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I reckon he stalks you... Talking about his new found technology, the InstaTeleport!

I never actually noticed it before, but now I think about it... Hmm... Possibly. =3
    xX

Which is why he's so fat! =O
    He never has to actually walk anywhere, cuz he can teleport!
    You might be on to something! xD

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    The fat guy is in every game.

In RBY/FRLG, he talks about how you can store Pokemon/Items in a PC.
    In GSC, he talks about how you can use the Time Machine to communicate with RBY.
    I forget what he talks about in RSE and DPPt.
    I don't know what he talks about in HGSS, since there is no Time Machine present.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    XD I've never thought about this before, but it's true! The thread title made me laugh ^^

The fat guy is in every game.

In RBY/FRLG, he talks about how you can store Pokemon/Items in a PC.
    In GSC, he talks about how you can use the Time Machine to communicate with RBY.
    I forget what he talks about in RSE and DPPt.
    I don't know what he talks about in HGSS, since there is no Time Machine present.

I think he just talks about professor Birch.

Or maybe that was another guy who did that? A low-fat one.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • I reckon he stalks you... Talking about his new found technology, the InstaTeleport!

xX

Yeah he does follow you into every single game...
    xD

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    The fat man is the world's best trainer. He knows everything bout the pokemon world and pokemon and he passes it on to newbies in towns he visits. In the final game you will have to battle at the end of the elite four. I can only hope beating him will be possible.

Back