• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Does having the 3D on enhance the gameplay experience?

Do you normally play with the 3D on or off?

• On

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Off

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • I play on a 2DS

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
  • For me it doesn't add anything to certain games-like Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, you don't get any amazing cut scene for 3D, and when you play certain songs with the Airship 3D makes you feel like you're on that Airship being spun.

Having said that, I did enjoy some memorable scenes, such as Groudon popping up over lava, in 3D on OR, though I turn it off for battling as it slows everything down

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • No, it seems that GameFreak does not know how to code for the 3DS properly that only 3D can be used in specific battles and some cutscenes cutting the FPS by half. I thought they would release an update to make it playable on the more powerful N3DS hardware but that was wishful thinking.

I do use the 3D effect on other games like Mario Kart 7 and both Zelda remakes.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i never have it on
    even though it is kinda cool
    it makes it unpleasant to play it in my opinion
    it just doesn't work well enough when you move about with the screen only a little bit​

Years
  • In Pokemon, you're better off without using the 3-D feature, or just rarely doing so. Fluid animation and cutscenes take a huge plunge when you actually turn on the 3-D, and besides that, it takes more time to adjust yourself to get the proper 3-D effect than the actual animation/cutscene would last. Yeah, I don't use 3-D, and if I do, it's just for the Mega Evolution animation.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I was too poor to buy a 3DS and ended up getting a 2DS - that being said my first 2DS broke after a day, my second replacement got lost a couple of months later and now i'm onto my 3rd 2DS - maybe a 3DS would have saved me this...?
    However, if I actually did get a 3DS, I probably wouldn't have used it for it's 3D functions.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • I usually have it off due to it giving me headaches if I have it on to much, the only times I use it is in evolving moments and special moments in the game such as the Cave if Origins where you catch either Kyorge or Groudon.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • I find it interesting how one of Nintendo's biggest selling points for the 3DS was the 3D function, yet the majority of the people I know never use it. I honestly think Nintendo messed up in the attempt to make games cinematic, I just can't see how it would be too successful for a handheld system. Though, that's just my opinion.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • The 3d makes the game lagg in a lot of battles. Unless you have a certain something running which allows you to run the game with the overclocked cpu from a new 3ds, you should not do it.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • The framerate tanks when you use 3D in a battle, so I generally only use it for a moment if the background is super pretty. Maybe Sun/Moon will take advantage of the New 3DS' better CPU and RAM so the 3D could be a bit smoother on the newer systems. Who knows?

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • The 3D feature was a pretty nifty idea but it just doesn't mix with gaming. I'll occasionally turn on the feature just to see how it looks but, I dislike the fact I have to adjust the 3DS. It's not groundbreaking technology that revolutionizes gaming. Reminds me of that 3D phone.. that was a fail.

Answer is no. I play with 3D off.

I would like Nintendo to concentrate on a higher resolution screen and a less bulky system. The technology exists.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • It's a giant waste of battery life. I played with 3D on once, then as soon as I saw how shitty the frame rate was, I never turned it on again.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Like what everyone says. The New 3DS gets the bad end of the stick with it kept on in terms of frame rate. It doesn't even feel "enhanced 3D" either.

Years
  • When I first got my 3ds, I played with the 3d on all the time, but then the fad passed and now I just have it off.

Even Nintendo games don't have that much 3d in their games that much anymore.

Back