• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does it offend you?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
  • I don't get offended when people criticize my favorite Pokemon or just Pokemon in general. I used to get really mad when I was younger, but now I find it funny how misinformed a lot of the Pokemon critics are. The Anti Pokemon sites are hilarious! I love reading them. They make me laugh.

Although having someone "correct" the way I play is a annoying. "Everybody knows Crobat has bad stats! I could beat it with a Woobat! You must be terrible at Pokemon if you use Crobat!" If I want to use Crobat, I'm going to use Crobat. Why should I care if you think Swoobat is better?

People who think that they're unbeatable and everyone who beats them must have cheated are worse. I was told off by some kid who said her Charizard was unbeatable. It knew three fire type attacks and one normal type attack. After I beat it with my Charizard, she called me a cheater because "Charizard can't learn Rock Slide." She even got her parents to demand that I apologize for cheating and then to their daughter. Not only did I not apologize, I refused to play with her anymore.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm only offended if people start bashing a Pokemon or generation for no good reason, lol. But I'm not gonna go ballistic on you or anything. I personally dislike generation wars though, and I actually do get pissed off at people when they go on insane tangents. It's just so unnecessary and it's like...if you're gonna hate something that much, just...go away and play -insert gen you actually like- I usually don't reply to those topics, cause I am not about to get in that mess, but my God, some people. :|

I will come at you with my fork if you're mean to my darling Petilil, though. js.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
    Years
  • Well, if someone said "all pokemans sucks becuz dey stooopid", or something of that nature, I'd have to tell them what sad, deprived, and possibly depressed people they are.

Alternatively, if someone said "I don't think Pokemon is my kinda game", I'd be OK.

As for people who just like one gen and think anything made after it is sucky, I'll say that I was too young to enjoy Pokemon until Firered + Leafgreen. As long as generations keep being made, new kids will be introduced to Pokemon.

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • When a pokemon fan insults, well before i get to that topic, People attack Gen 5 because of its similarities to gen 1. No outside pokemon in the Region Pokedex (Not counting Black and White 2) Routes starting at 1 etc. In my eyes Gen 1 was and still is awesome but gen 5 is better over all. Bigger story line, more pokemon selection and so on. Now back to what i was getting at before, When a pokemon fan insults a pokemon or a Generation it kind of makes me sad because True pokemon fans/trainers love their pokemon regardless of generation. People say gen 5 pokemon are unoriginal Yet a Butterfly, Bee, Rat, Moth Slime, Upside down Pokeball, a pokeball, cat, snake bat and duck are very original. which i see is in no way true. If all pokemon games were the same then we would have another Mario series syndrome. When non-pokemon fans say "oh pokemon sucks you guys should just grow up, Call of Duty rules bye noobs" It really dont care because they dont like pokemon they're gonna say that. So to answer the question, Yes and No.

Years
  • It honestly does not make me mad if someone says they dont like something I do because everyone has diffrent opinions and thats what makes us unique. Although I do disagree when people attack someone else when they dislike something, that is wrong and my opinion :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Fans hating on certain Pokemon/gens/whatever for the sake of hating them does offend me in a way. There's no basis for hating stuff without a legitimate reason, so it's a bit irritating when people complain about this Pokemon when they just say the most superficial reasons, which really tell me that they just simply don't like it. If they don't like it, well, that's cool, but if they start bashing it, that gets on my nerves.

Generation wars are ridiculous.

Us and Them

The Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I really don't give a damn if they're listing valid reasons to explain why they don't like it, but if they're just saying that it's awful for no good reason, then I might argue a bit. It doesn't bother me all that much.

Years
  • I really hate it when people say Oshawott is terrible. IMO he's actually the best starter choice in the 5th Gen.

And also, those who hate certain generations get me annoyed. Especially Genwunners cos they bash on later generations meaning they miss out on awesome new features and graphical changes.

Back