• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Does the game ever REALLY end?

Do Pokemon Games ever REALLY end?

• Yes

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
  • hey this isnt diamond and pearl discustion its about ruby saphire and emerald so becareful you arent posting pointess stuff...
    (well its not pointless just i think you misread it)

It still applies. I said Shiny Shellos because, well, I have a picture of one on my wall. If you'd rather I say Shiny Jigglypuff then fine. Either way, the shiny looks virtually the same as its counterpart. If you can run out of box space in D/P, then you certainly can in Ru/Sa/E. And I brought up the online game because the OP did. :] So you see, everything still applies.

Thats D/p fool

lol :p

It can be done but you would be a sad loser with no life. *cough*kat*cough*

xP
    Gee thanks.
    It's the whole obtainable Pokedex. Plus all the event Pokemon. xD

PokemonTrainerApril

Bobo is a cool Swampert!
    Years
  • This is the game that never eeeennndddsss and it goes on and on my fffrrriiieeennndddsss!

Couldn't restrain myself there. Anyway, it's a game that doesn't end because there are always stuff to do. You can battle with friends, trade with friends, change your team, experiment with different movesets and natures and Pokemon, contests, so so much! The list goes on and on.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The only game that can match this is Sims 2 with its replay ability

Hehe, yeah probably. .... no, Sims actually beats Pokémon. There are more different sims than pokémon.
    But I agree, the games never truly end, the only thing that ends or fades is, as many here have stated, the urge to play them.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Hehe, yeah probably. .... no, Sims actually beats Pokémon. There are more different sims than pokémon.
    But I agree, the games never truly end, the only thing that ends or fades is, as many here have stated, the urge to play them.

Yeah true, :) but I get bored of sims 2 sometimes, but pokemon I usually don't

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    How did the Sims games even get involved in this topic? o_o

If you have the time and the attention span, you can completely beat the game. I guess completely beating it would be getting every shiny, maxing out all of your pokemon, and Beating all the events.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • How did the Sims games even get involved in this topic? o_o

If you have the time and the attention span, you can completely beat the game. I guess completely beating it would be getting every shiny, maxing out all of your pokemon, and Beating all the events.

cuz i compared the sims 2 to pokemon. yea your right that is possible but very very difficult

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    How...could you compare...

Care to explain how you can compare games that are based on totally separate gameplay than each other?

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • How...could you compare...

Care to explain how you can compare games that are based on totally separate gameplay than each other?

I based the amount of re playability between the two games. Because you can replay Pokemon a whole lot because of the features, but in Sims 2 you can replay it a whole lot because of the tons of different generations and such.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I believe pokemon is completable due to the fact that I just beat my diamond version jpn last week. I mean events, shiny pkdx, etc. while linking with my cousins and capturing my 700th flag. I am still bored with the game. And no I didn't use a cheat machine! I'm too cheap to buy one anyway.

Years
  • Yep. The game ends. All games to. It ends whenever you get tired of it and stop playing. Eventually you'll run out of events or things to do and just quit. Sure, you can restart the game and play it again, but really once you've done that 10 or 12 times, its over, you know?

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Oh ok cool. Yeah I geuss it would be boring after a while

EDIT: I read the post correctly, and changed my rudeness sorry

Last edited:

TotoRitaQuil

Royal Shiny
    Years
  • Nope its a never ending cycle of training, battling, and catching, Unless you stop playing that is.

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Nope its a never ending cycle of training, battling, and catching, Unless you stop playing that is.

thats true but what happens if you maxed out your Pokedex and you got all your pokes to level 100?
    Thats what I always think about, but then I realize I can collect Shinies, play online (in D/P) battle tower, breeding and a lot more. I truly believe Pokemon is an amazing endless game with always things to do!

Years
  • I still feel it ends... until you restart it.

I've always hated rom hacks, but now that I own a PSP and their all portable, I can play so many different games, it never truely ends.

Back