• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does the underground drive you nuts sometimes?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    Yes, 'cause it's all tedious work. Having to run around the huge amount of space, waiting for the sparkles appear, then digging through it. But I guess the rewards are worth it. I don't know what I'm gonna do with 35 water stones, though. haha

Years
    Yes...

Find a shard or fossil and oh, gee, there goes the stylus tapping what I have recently revealed bringing down the wall...

They should have fake barf or a rubber Dodrio behind a wall for Trainers to find. So annoying.
    Heart Scales are also bad. Should I find one, its usually a corner...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It's annoying when the wall collapses right before you uncover the item you need, or when your bag fills up with the 100th sphere you've gotten.

Also annoying are the traps that are there when you enter and take you by surprise.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I can't stand the underground...that's why I never go down there. I was about to uncover something and with that one tap, the wall fell x_x

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I LOVE the underground I didn't like my diamond at first, but when I got to the underground, I played there for a hundred hours straight! I've had the wall collapse once or twice, but It's very rare. plus with all the time I spend down there, I have tons of everything! the weird thing is that I have yet (and unlock all the other cool fossils) to finish the game because I spend so much time down there. me=moleman.lol.

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
    I've clocked so many hours in platinum.

I've beaten the elite four.

I even managed to eventually catch Cresselia.

I've only ever found one water stone.

ONE.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I love the Underground, but the Spheres annoy me. Especially that you have to have a precisely certain one to buy items. Bleh. I don't bother with the whole Secret Base thing (Hoenn's were far better), so it doesn't really bother me. But I've found plenty of fossils of all different kinds, loads of Heart Scales and Shards (except for Red ones, whyyy do Move Tutors need so many of them skafjljf) and plent of the usual Leaf Stones and Water Stones, but hey, they earn me money XD As do the Rare Bones. I found four yesterday out of sheer luck :3

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I hate how you can't just play withOUT wifi >8(
    Gawd i mean come on it lags so much!
    Just give us the chance without wifi and we'll be fine T_T

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I hate how you can't just play withOUT wifi >8(
    Gawd i mean come on it lags so much!
    Just give us the chance without wifi and we'll be fine T_T
    What? What are you talking about? The underground doesn't even use Wi-fi, and you can play without any connection to people. Also, it never lags.

Anyways, I hate when you find a rare item right before the wall collapses or you uncover most of it then it collapses. :/

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    What? What are you talking about? The underground doesn't even use Wi-fi, and you can play without any connection to people. Also, it never lags.

Anyways, I hate when you find a rare item right before the wall collapses or you uncover most of it then it collapses. :/
    I didn't mean wifi I meant Wireless Communication Settings..
    And anyway It stops you if you don't allow it, and yes it does lag.
    If we're talking about different games then that might be why =/

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years

DPPt won't allow you to go down into The Underground unless you launch wireless communications. This does make the game lag somewhat and it drains the batteries on my poor battered Phat DS.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    DPPt won't allow you to go down into The Underground unless you launch wireless communications. This does make the game lag somewhat and it drains the batteries on my poor battered Phat DS.

My Lite has excellent battery life, but it does wear down relatively fast in the Underground.

On the matter of spheres, AAAUGH!!!! I never bother with them. In Pt, my base is dug out in a remote area at the end of a passage (a fairly long one too) and the entire area from the end of my passage to the main passageways are filled with Size 99 spheres. I never bothered to undig them, and the size of the section keeps on growing.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I find it quite fun, actually.

But I really hate it, when your bag fills with 123809321098213809321098123098 spheres, and you have to
    bury them ~

=_=

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Wireless communications isn't Wi-fi.

Never lags for me. D: Maybe it's because I use a DSi.

I never uncover the spheres, and if I uncovered everything and the wall hasn't collapsed, I just hit in random space.

Years
    I hate it because I found out the secret to getting Spiritomb is talking to over 30 people in the Underground. Well, I have no friends with a DS or a 4th Gen Pokemon copy. So now, I'll have to trade my precious Glaceon for one......I hate you, Pokemon Company.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    I have had that happen to me quite a few times especially if there are 3 -4 items in one wall and if they are the big items they can be pretty hard to dig up. I mostly use the red hammer and if the wall is getting close to collapsing I will try to use the pick axe to dig up the rest and if it is so weak and there are 3 or more blocks I will whack with the hammer to get the item uncovered if I whack in the right place. Most of the time I use the hammer though. I have been known to get 3 Everstones in 1 wall and 2 Rare bones or 2-3 of any other item before. I have also been known to get 100+ items as well but most of the time I get 60-70 items though.:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    At times,yeah.
    When the itmes are too far to reach or when I find an interesting item and the wall falls down on it D:

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I don't hate it nor love it... it's more something I use when I need to re-stock on certain items and such.

Back