• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does This Card Change Anything? (Miltank)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So I feel like this site could use a little more discussion on the metagame for the tcg. Granted it seems like many of the members aren't huge on the competitive side of the tcg. But I think its just fun to discuss. This is sort of similar to the card of the week threads that use to pop up. Though this will focus on the more interesting card that could impact the metagame.

Starting with the most hyped card of the most recent set, Flashfire.

Pyroar

This card was really hyped as soon as it was revealed. Being immune to all basic attackers seems like it could have completely changed everything in the TCG. However, it hasn't really seen too much play, and doesn't really seem like it made that much of an impact at all.

Any thoughts on this card? Decks it could be used in? Ways to deal with an opponents pyroar?

Last edited:

DMoCTTA

YouTuber DMoCTTA
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I was playing on TCGO and I was up 4-6 (as in I captured 2 prize cards) then he pulled his Pyroar out. For the next 9 turns I was unable to attack because of a lack of drawing a stage 1 card. Went from being up 4-6 to losing 4-0.

This card absolutely destroys EX cards and most decks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Yes Pyroar can completely destroy a deck that has no counter for it. Unfortunately it is an ability, and it does mean 1 thing. Garbodor is going to be a huge pain for it. This once again means the Yveltal/Garbodor deck will be completely unaffected by its presence. Which means that every deck out there will need to be edited a bit to have some sort of game plan for Pyroar. Though one of the strongest cards and strongest decks will not be affected at all.

I was actually hoping this card could change the metagame away from having such Ex focused decks to be a little more fair to the rogue decks. However, I think it just made it worse.

As stated before. Buttermilk is a pretty decent deck, but the deck itself is kind of tight and it is forced to add in an additional attacker that is still weak to fire and doesn't really counter it well at all.

Years
    It can change the game if you will it to do so, at least within your local meta, anyway. It takes a concerted effort, though. Gotta get people away from the Garbodor decks if they're popular in your meta.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Well it looks like its time for another card. This one is one of my favorites of the set.

Miltank

Years
    I've been using Miltank (just in the Mystic Typhoon theme deck so far, haven't put it into a proper deck yet). It's kind of a fun little card, although seeing as it's not at its most useful until you have at least one stage 2 pokemon on your bench… I haven't quite decided yet.

I have found it useful in fending off attacks while I get energy onto my Stage 2 pokemon. I could see it maybe having the potential to make decks dependent on Stage 2 pokemon a little more viable (which I'd really like to see), since you can focus more on getting the pokemon evolved without worrying as much about attaching energy quickly, but I'm not sure if the waiting time will kind of negate it's usefulness.

But then, I've had success using it in Mystic Typhoon (though just against the computer) and that deck isn't particularly well set up for evolving, and only has one stage 2, so it might be a better card than I'm giving it credit for.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I really like Miltank. I didnt at first. Thinking its only 80 damage. That isnt huge deal. But it really does work. Its so good that it can be run as the only attacker in Butterfree Miltank. It also makes Greninja a dangerous stage 2 to run with it. Being able to hit 100 with muscle band and then ping any of your opponents pokemon for 30, 60, or even 90 a turn is pretty strong.

Atm im trying to decide if i want to put it in by Beedrill Deck.

Back